Oxfordshire Ladies suffered an agonising 33-32 defeat by Hampshire in the Walker Cup national double rink regional semi-final at Sutton, Surrey.
Pat Ostler’s four of Margaret Morris, Sylvia Rogers, Angie Ives chalked up a 24-16 win over Hampshire skip Allyson Flint.
But Jeanette Berry’s rink of Margaret Bullock, Brenda Havard and Carole Galletly were beaten 17-8 by skip Brenda Plumpton.
Hampshire 33, Oxfordshire 32
(Hampshire rinks first)
Rink 1: L Russell, L Johnson, R Corney, B Plumpton 17, M Bullock, B Havard, C Galletly, J Berry 8.
Rink 2: J Arnaud, H Marks, M Holden, A Flint 16, M Morris, S Rogers, A Ives, P Ostler 24.
- Oxfordshire Ladies beat Berkshire 122-110 in a friendly at Shrivenham.
Oxfordshire 122, Berkshire 110 (Oxon skips first): P Ostler 24, J Evans 13; C Penson 25, J Holmes 19; C Morgan 5, S Harrison 34; J Berry 24, W Smart 10; S Rogers 15, G Chamberlain 24; D Jacob 29, H Simpson 10.
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook