RADLEY’S survival hopes look bleak after finishing third in their Sweatshop Southern League Division 1 round four meeting at Croydon.
That result and scores elsewhere see Radley remain bottom of the table with one round to go.
With four team to go down, they must now finish at least second in their final meeting at Bromley on August 2 and hope other results go their way to avoid the drop.
Sprinter David Gain was Radley’s star performer at Croydon, winning the A-String 100m in 10.97secs and the 200m in 22.24.
Gain also helped Radley to victory in the men’s 4x100m relay in a time 42.35secs.
Their other men’s victory came from Jordan Dorrian with 6.17m in the long jump.
Among the ladies, there were four individual and two relay wins.
Fourteen-year-old Faith Brew claimed the 1,500m in 5mins 18.03secs, while Lauren Burton took the 2,000m steeplechase in 8.46.97.
Gina Sunderland (15.76) and Paula Owen (1.08.44) won the 100m and 400m hurdles respectively.
Radley took the 4x100m honours in 52.11 and the 4x400m in 4.40.69.
DIVISION 1 STANDINGS
1 Brighton & Hove City 14pts (799), 2 Southampton 13 (828), 3 Walton 13 (783.5), 4 Basingstoke & Mid Hants 12 (779), 5 Colchester Harriers 12 (766.5), 6 City of Portsmouth 10 (744), 7 Nene Valley Harriers 10 (738), 8 City of Norwich 10 (654), 9 Bedford & County 9 (725), 10 Stevenage & North Herts 9 (667), 11 Croydon Harriers 9 (642), 12 Blackheath & Bromley Harriers 9 (609.5), 13 Chelmsford 8 (649), 14 Enfield & Haringey 8 (609.5), 15 Havering 7 (671), 16 Radley 7 (648).
OXFORD City boosted their hopes of a top-four finish in Division 2 North by winning their home meeting at Horspath.
City beat Ipswich Harriers and Herts Phoenix, who were sitting above them beforehand, to climb to fifth in the table, just two points behind the former.
Becky Hussey was their ladies’ star, winning the A-String 100m, 200m and 400m in respective times of 12.49, 25.94 and 59.84secs.
Backing her up were Rebecca Lapper (2.26.92), who won the 800m, 1,500m victor Melissa Hawtin (4.44.44) and 3,000m winner Sarah Davies (10.58.69).
Jade Walker took the 2,000m steeplechase in 8.01.10, while City also claimed the 4x100m and 4x400m relays in 51.03 and 4.15.44 respectively.
City’s men picked up A-String track wins, courtesy of Les Newell (4.11.58) in the 1,500m, Maxwell Robinson (9.41.65) in the 3,000m and Ryan Meredith (10.59.07) in the 3,000m steeplechase.
In the field, Hunter Riach (2.60m) took the pole vault, Gareth Davies (12.42) the triple jump and Ben Kelsey (41.66) the discus.
Latest Sport news
- UPDATES - Rochdale v Oxford United
- Oxford United handed boost with key Rochdale defender serving suspension
- Marvin Johnson looking for more of the same when Oxford United visit Rochdale
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re recharged for busy league and cup schedule
- SWIMMING: David Murphy delivers masterclass to set more records at Arena Pro Swim Series
- TABLE TENNIS: Bicester squeeze past Holton in Aubrey Hughes Handicap Shield opener
- ANGLING: Alan Steele clinches Victory Cup
- INDOOR CRICKET: Chipping Norton and Ruscote title race goes down to the wire
- ON CUE: Q Zone go top of Gentworks Oxford & District Snooker League
- Oxford United catch their breath ahead of fixture 'carnage'