OXFORD were on the end of a hammering in their Division 1 clash at home to Henley.
The hosts went down by ten wickets in a one-sided encounter and slip from fourth to seventh in the table.
After choosing to bat, Oxford lost wickets at regular intervals, with Tom Nugent the chief destroyer.
The paceman finished with 6-51 off 17 overs as only Jamie Perkin (56) and Stewart Laudat (33) looked like keeping the Henley attack at bay.
Brad Sutherland and Vishane Perera fell cheaply at the top of the order, as did Dan Bowyer once Laudat had departed.
Perkin and Alex Davies stabilised the innings with a half-century stand for the fifth wicket.
However, soon after Davies was bowled by Gurveer Singh, Perkin’ soon followed, his knock coming from 106 balls and containing four fours and two sixes.
Shami Mendis blasted three sixes in his rapid 21 at the end of the innings, but with the lower order failing to add many runs, Oxford’s total of 164 always looked well short.
And so it proved, as Henley openers Michael Roberts and David Barnes knocked off the runs in the 32nd over.
Barnes ended unbeaten on 82 and Roberts on 76, both players hitting 11 fours.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory at Rochdale
- Oxford United's win at Rochdale made amends for setbacks at AFC Wimbledon and Port Vale - Michael Appleton
- RUGBY UNION: Conor Kearns elected Oxford University captain
- Rochdale 0, Oxford United 4 (Johnson 18, Hall 29, Taylor 53, Ledson 73)
- UPDATES - Rochdale v Oxford United
- Oxford United handed boost with key Rochdale defender serving suspension
- Marvin Johnson looking for more of the same when Oxford United visit Rochdale
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re recharged for busy league and cup schedule
- SWIMMING: David Murphy delivers masterclass to set more records at Arena Pro Swim Series
- TABLE TENNIS: Bicester squeeze past Holton in Aubrey Hughes Handicap Shield opener