Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith pulled off a solid display in the afternoon practice after tough opening session ahead of Sunday’s race.
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider fell off twice without sustaining any major injury, to finish 12th in the morning.
But he bravely remounted to set a best time of 1.22,719, taking 11th place in the combined standings.
Latest Sport news
- FOOTBALL: Mansffield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback
- FOOTBALL: Southern League previews for Didcot, Wantage, Kidlington and Banbury
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins record first victory as last kick misses target