Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith pulled off a solid display in the afternoon practice after tough opening session ahead of Sunday’s race.
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider fell off twice without sustaining any major injury, to finish 12th in the morning.
But he bravely remounted to set a best time of 1.22,719, taking 11th place in the combined standings.
Latest Sport news
- I moved to Oxford United to realise potential, says Ryan Ledson
- Chris Wilder: No place for Sheffield United to hide in "massive" game with Oxford United
- Oxford United confident new scoreboard will be installed shortly
- Benji Buchel call-up raises issue of Oxford United recalling Jack Stevens’ loan from Oxford City
- My Oxford United debut is a boost for all the club's youngsters - Miles Welch-Hayes
- OxVox column: Oxford United make a difference, thanks to generous supporters
- Michael Appleton happy with Oxford United options after Ryan Ledson's arrival
- FOOTBALL: Captain Scott Davies backs Oxford City to build on slow start to Vanarama National League South campaign
- CRICKET: Will Eason backs Division 2 leaders Horspath to finish the job without Rameez Raja
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town sign Oxford United's Jordan Graham on loan ahead of Larkhall Athletic clash