Horspath fell at the first hurdle in the NatWest Under 15 National Club Championship with a 27-run defeat at Finchampstead.
Asad Rafiq got the Oxfordshire champions off to a flying start after Finchampstead decided to bat by dismissing both openers cheaply.
He finished with 2-9 off four overs and Harrison Ward picked up 2-17, but Finchampstead battled their way to 91-7.
Horspath, missing left-arm spinner Lloyd Belcher, who was making his debut for Oxfordshire’s senior side, were then held to 64-9.
Rafiq’s prolific run in the competition came to an end when he fell for one, and thereafter Horspath were unable to break free.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton
- RUGBY UNION: Keble celebrate Oxford University Men's Cup triumph
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's veterans set the pace to clinch national road relays gold
- BOWLS: Champions Carterton are run close by Banbury Central
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A exact revenge to reach KO final
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury set up girls side for the first time
- BOWLS: Orren Benfield and David Leighfield land Oxfordshire Under 25 pairs title
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales