Horspath fell at the first hurdle in the NatWest Under 15 National Club Championship with a 27-run defeat at Finchampstead.
Asad Rafiq got the Oxfordshire champions off to a flying start after Finchampstead decided to bat by dismissing both openers cheaply.
He finished with 2-9 off four overs and Harrison Ward picked up 2-17, but Finchampstead battled their way to 91-7.
Horspath, missing left-arm spinner Lloyd Belcher, who was making his debut for Oxfordshire’s senior side, were then held to 64-9.
Rafiq’s prolific run in the competition came to an end when he fell for one, and thereafter Horspath were unable to break free.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Steady first round from Eddie Pepperell at Wentworth
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell looking forward to Wentworth
- BOWLS: Tidball's last shot earns South Oxford thrilling victory
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter upbeat over fitness ahead of junior French Open bid
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints too strong for Jurassic Coast Raptors
- ATHLETICS: Emma O'Hara stars as Radley are made to battle in Southern League
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Nick Jones wins Wallingford Thames Run 10k