Horspath fell at the first hurdle in the NatWest Under 15 National Club Championship with a 27-run defeat at Finchampstead.
Asad Rafiq got the Oxfordshire champions off to a flying start after Finchampstead decided to bat by dismissing both openers cheaply.
He finished with 2-9 off four overs and Harrison Ward picked up 2-17, but Finchampstead battled their way to 91-7.
Horspath, missing left-arm spinner Lloyd Belcher, who was making his debut for Oxfordshire’s senior side, were then held to 64-9.
Rafiq’s prolific run in the competition came to an end when he fell for one, and thereafter Horspath were unable to break free.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe – changing roles is part of Oxford United adapting to life at the higher level
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United must improve against League One's route one merchants
- Millwall result will determine Oxford United mood for next fortnight, says captain John Lundstram
- Oxford United boss issues warning over dangerous Millwall strikers
- Millwall manager Neil Harris full of respect for 'attack-minded' Oxford United
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- OxVox column: How I ended up building a network of exiles
- FOOTBALL: Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to deliver without suspended captain Scott Davies
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins and Banbury ready to lock horns in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Wantage Town eye good end to tough week ahead of FA Trophy tie at Weymouth