Horspath fell at the first hurdle in the NatWest Under 15 National Club Championship with a 27-run defeat at Finchampstead.
Asad Rafiq got the Oxfordshire champions off to a flying start after Finchampstead decided to bat by dismissing both openers cheaply.
He finished with 2-9 off four overs and Harrison Ward picked up 2-17, but Finchampstead battled their way to 91-7.
Horspath, missing left-arm spinner Lloyd Belcher, who was making his debut for Oxfordshire’s senior side, were then held to 64-9.
Rafiq’s prolific run in the competition came to an end when he fell for one, and thereafter Horspath were unable to break free.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory at Chesterfield
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side