Horspath fell at the first hurdle in the NatWest Under 15 National Club Championship with a 27-run defeat at Finchampstead.
Asad Rafiq got the Oxfordshire champions off to a flying start after Finchampstead decided to bat by dismissing both openers cheaply.
He finished with 2-9 off four overs and Harrison Ward picked up 2-17, but Finchampstead battled their way to 91-7.
Horspath, missing left-arm spinner Lloyd Belcher, who was making his debut for Oxfordshire’s senior side, were then held to 64-9.
Rafiq’s prolific run in the competition came to an end when he fell for one, and thereafter Horspath were unable to break free.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton waits to see referee after being sent to the stands in Oxford United's spicy draw with Oldham Athletic
- Oxford United 1 (Hall 54), Oldham Athletic 1 (Burgess 10)
- Oxford United v Oldham Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are hoping for some home comforts
- Kane Hemmings eyeing big push from Oxford United
- Michael Appleton faced with Oxford United defensive dilemma ahead of Oldham clash
- ANGLING: Martin Phipps leaves rivals in the cold
- TRAMPOLINING: Windrush Valley girls land regional team crown
- GYMNASTICS: Abingdon's Lili-Mae Snuggs claims top-ten spots in national championships
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A go top of Oxford League after victory over Green Road A