Carol Penson’s Oxford City & County rink of Margaret Stacey, Marion Darton and Carol Gaskins have qualified for the National Fours Championships at Leamington Spa next month.
They booked their place by beating clubmates Julie Jackson, Vicky Harrison, Jacky Gray and Rosemary Phelps 27-10 in the semi-finals at Thame.
The other semi-final, bet-ween Daphne Jacob and Katherine Hawes, has still to be arranged, with Hawes’s teammate, Gail Gilkes, the England Under 25s and England’s Commonwealth Games team manager, having international commitments.
Quarter-finals: P Williams 10, D Jacob 25; C Penson 28, L Price 14; P Clarke 13, R Phelps 27; K Hawes 18, W Cross 11.
Semi-final: C Penson 27, R Phelps 10.
- KATIE Bland and Jazzmin Alder have qualified for the National Under 25 Pairs at Leamington Spa next month.
Bland and Alder beat Katie Glenn and Amy Stone 18-11 in the Oxfordshire final at Thame.
- OXFORDSHIRE Ladies were beaten 142-90 by Hampshire in their final John’s Trophy game at Eastleigh.
Donna Knight and Carol Nall were Oxon’s winning skips.
Hampshire 142 (17pts), Oxfordshire 90 (5) (Hampshire skips first): B Plumpton 28, P Ostler 7; L Haywood 18, C Nall 19; K Kerley 34, S Rogers 11; K Patrick 21, D Knight 24; A Flint 25, D Jacob 13; M Holden 16, J Berry 16.
Oxfordshire Ladies were pipped 114-108 by Buckinghamshire in a friendly at Newport Pagnell.
Buckinghamshire 114, Oxfordshire 108 (Bucks skips first): B Brown 19, D Jacob 14; S Faulks 19, C Penson 19; G Doddington 20, S Rogers 20; L Throup 23, W Cross 14; M L Roberts 13, J Berry 26; S Strange 20, P Ostler 15.
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City’s adies ease to cup final win
- FOOTBALL: Arran Gray’s hat-trick clinches North Berks League Division 4 title for Blewbury
- FOOTBALL: Superlative Kidlington make it perfect season in Oxford Mail Under 12 Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Chequers win dramatic Oxford City FA Premier Cup final on penalties
- FOOTBALL: Dan Bott’s brace helps Chipping Norton to finish fourth in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Wayne Blossom shines with double as KEA secure Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: George Corti’s four-timer is in vain for Botley Boys
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup