Carol Penson’s Oxford City & County rink of Margaret Stacey, Marion Darton and Carol Gaskins have qualified for the National Fours Championships at Leamington Spa next month.
They booked their place by beating clubmates Julie Jackson, Vicky Harrison, Jacky Gray and Rosemary Phelps 27-10 in the semi-finals at Thame.
The other semi-final, bet-ween Daphne Jacob and Katherine Hawes, has still to be arranged, with Hawes’s teammate, Gail Gilkes, the England Under 25s and England’s Commonwealth Games team manager, having international commitments.
Quarter-finals: P Williams 10, D Jacob 25; C Penson 28, L Price 14; P Clarke 13, R Phelps 27; K Hawes 18, W Cross 11.
Semi-final: C Penson 27, R Phelps 10.
- KATIE Bland and Jazzmin Alder have qualified for the National Under 25 Pairs at Leamington Spa next month.
Bland and Alder beat Katie Glenn and Amy Stone 18-11 in the Oxfordshire final at Thame.
- OXFORDSHIRE Ladies were beaten 142-90 by Hampshire in their final John’s Trophy game at Eastleigh.
Donna Knight and Carol Nall were Oxon’s winning skips.
Hampshire 142 (17pts), Oxfordshire 90 (5) (Hampshire skips first): B Plumpton 28, P Ostler 7; L Haywood 18, C Nall 19; K Kerley 34, S Rogers 11; K Patrick 21, D Knight 24; A Flint 25, D Jacob 13; M Holden 16, J Berry 16.
Oxfordshire Ladies were pipped 114-108 by Buckinghamshire in a friendly at Newport Pagnell.
Buckinghamshire 114, Oxfordshire 108 (Bucks skips first): B Brown 19, D Jacob 14; S Faulks 19, C Penson 19; G Doddington 20, S Rogers 20; L Throup 23, W Cross 14; M L Roberts 13, J Berry 26; S Strange 20, P Ostler 15.
- BRADLEY SMITH COLUMN: I'm so excited about big challenge ahead of new MotoGP season
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton backs young guns to reach the top if they keep learning
- BAR BILLIARDS: Berinsfield stun Masons in Oxford League
- MOTOR RACING: Lance Stroll stays calm ahead of his Formula debut in Melbourne
- RUGBY UNION: Round-up of the Oxfordshire Under 14 and 15 finals
- ATHLETICS: Paul Fernandez secures second at Banbury 15
- Oxon Senior Cup semi-final between Oxford United and Banbury United is postponed
- Michael Appleton frustrated as errors undermine Oxford United display
- Darryl Eales expects Oxford United to have increased playing budget next season
- Wallingford Town pipped in semi-final