England ladies’ captain Charlotte Edwards was the star guest at this years’ Chance 2 Compete festival for girls at Horspath Athletics and Sports Ground.
Edwards was there in her capacity as one of the initiative’s ambassadors.
The event was part of the Chance 2 Shine coaching scheme, which is run by the Oxordshire Cricket Board in secondary schools across the county.
Around 40 girls took part in the round robin format with Didcot Girls winning the under 13 category.
Cheney School tookthe under 15 title.
Both teams now qualify for the regional finals at Bristol Grammar School which take place next week.
Edwards was also on hand to give out some vital bowling and batting advice as well as taking part in a question and answer session.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United v Bury - UPDATES
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must beat Bury tonight or they can forget play-off push
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United players to seize final chance against Bury to push Wembley claims
- FOOTBALL: Summertown Stars reach FA People’s Cup finals
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor’s National League 2 South title bid suffers huge blow but Henley Hawks win
- GOLF: Champions Frilford Heath are whitewashed
- HOCKEY: Mixed emotions as Abingdon Pilgrims bow out with a victory before disbanding
- RUGBY UNION: Defeats for Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Banbury, but Grove triumph
- RUGBY UNION: Gosford All Blacks, Bicester and Wallingford all triumph in Southern Counties North
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford are no match for Whitehaven in cup