England ladies’ captain Charlotte Edwards was the star guest at this years’ Chance 2 Compete festival for girls at Horspath Athletics and Sports Ground.
Edwards was there in her capacity as one of the initiative’s ambassadors.
The event was part of the Chance 2 Shine coaching scheme, which is run by the Oxordshire Cricket Board in secondary schools across the county.
Around 40 girls took part in the round robin format with Didcot Girls winning the under 13 category.
Cheney School tookthe under 15 title.
Both teams now qualify for the regional finals at Bristol Grammar School which take place next week.
Edwards was also on hand to give out some vital bowling and batting advice as well as taking part in a question and answer session.
Latest Sport news
- Curtis Nelson calls on Oxford United to learn from Port Vale draw
- Oxford United defender Joe Skarz happy with return from injury but frustrated with Port Vale draw
- There are some good signs, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton after 2-2 draw at Port Vale
- FOOTBALL: Skipper Scott Davies is sent off as depleted Oxford City hold on for point
- Weekend results: October 22 & 23
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's fine unbeaten run is ended at hands of Frome
- FOOTBALL: Last-gasp Jordan Graham goal earns Didcot Town a point at Hereford
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith pleased with points haul at Phillip Island
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa lands top ten spot for Williams at US Grand Prix
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Port Vale