England ladies’ captain Charlotte Edwards was the star guest at this years’ Chance 2 Compete festival for girls at Horspath Athletics and Sports Ground.
Edwards was there in her capacity as one of the initiative’s ambassadors.
The event was part of the Chance 2 Shine coaching scheme, which is run by the Oxordshire Cricket Board in secondary schools across the county.
Around 40 girls took part in the round robin format with Didcot Girls winning the under 13 category.
Cheney School tookthe under 15 title.
Both teams now qualify for the regional finals at Bristol Grammar School which take place next week.
Edwards was also on hand to give out some vital bowling and batting advice as well as taking part in a question and answer session.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Millwall
- Millwall 0, Oxford United 3 (McAleny 6 & 8, Ruffels 71)
- UPDATES - Millwall v Oxford United
- Joe Rothwell hoping to silence Millwall fans in Oxford United's last away match of season
- Oxford United must be ready to roll up sleeves and battle for everything at Millwall, says boss Michael Appleton
- SHOW JUMPING: Bicester-based girls shine in leading pony show
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We've enjoyed some great moments on our away days this season
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Matt Chapman delighted to score points on his debut
- MOTORSPORT: KTM are on learning curve in United States admits Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith
- BILLIARDS: Lewis Moss & Connor Jones win pairs final