England ladies’ captain Charlotte Edwards was the star guest at this years’ Chance 2 Compete festival for girls at Horspath Athletics and Sports Ground.
Edwards was there in her capacity as one of the initiative’s ambassadors.
The event was part of the Chance 2 Shine coaching scheme, which is run by the Oxordshire Cricket Board in secondary schools across the county.
Around 40 girls took part in the round robin format with Didcot Girls winning the under 13 category.
Cheney School tookthe under 15 title.
Both teams now qualify for the regional finals at Bristol Grammar School which take place next week.
Edwards was also on hand to give out some vital bowling and batting advice as well as taking part in a question and answer session.
Latest Sport news
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham news is thrill for Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women looking towards brighter future after finishing bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Josh Atkinson at the double as Oxford beat South Wales Ironmen
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn ready for 'massive opportunity' in England v Scotland Dual
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith proud of KTM progress in MotoGP
- GOLF: Frilford Heath deal with downpour to deliver EuroPro Tour event
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith secures 12th place in France