England ladies’ captain Charlotte Edwards was the star guest at this years’ Chance 2 Compete festival for girls at Horspath Athletics and Sports Ground.
Edwards was there in her capacity as one of the initiative’s ambassadors.
The event was part of the Chance 2 Shine coaching scheme, which is run by the Oxordshire Cricket Board in secondary schools across the county.
Around 40 girls took part in the round robin format with Didcot Girls winning the under 13 category.
Cheney School tookthe under 15 title.
Both teams now qualify for the regional finals at Bristol Grammar School which take place next week.
Edwards was also on hand to give out some vital bowling and batting advice as well as taking part in a question and answer session.
Latest Sport news
- Patient Joe Rothwell hoping first Oxford United start left a lasting impression
- Chris Maguire surprised to become viral star with Oxford United goal celebration
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United to believe they belong at Bramall Lane
- Chris Wilder: No place for Sheffield United to hide in "massive" game with Oxford United
- Oxford United confident new scoreboard will be installed shortly
- Benji Buchel call-up raises issue of Oxford United recalling Jack Stevens’ loan from Oxford City
- My Oxford United debut is a boost for all the club's youngsters - Miles Welch-Hayes
- OxVox column: Oxford United make a difference, thanks to generous supporters
- I moved to Oxford United to realise potential, says Ryan Ledson
- Michael Appleton happy with Oxford United options after Ryan Ledson's arrival