A brilliant 95 from captain Tom Price led Oxfordshire Under 14s to an 11-run victory against Bedfordshire at Trinity College in the ECB Cup.
Price’s magnificent knock took Oxon to 209-7 from their 45 overs.
James Curtis then led the way with the ball, taking 3-28, to help restrict the visitors to 198-9, despite 79 from Bedfordshire opener Emilio Gay.
Meanwhile, Tom’s young brother, Ollie Price,starred for Oxfordshire Under 13s as they posted a 90-run victory away to Shropshire.
Price top-scored with 54, while 44 from Jake Taylor and 26 from Tomas Bacon led Oxon to 182-5 from their 40 overs.
The total proved far beyond Shropshire, who fell to 92 all out with George Williams, Joe Chown, Dominic Whinfrey, Ben Parker and Tom Chesser each taking two wickets.
Latest Sport news
- Ex-Oxford United star Jamie Cook proud of career after hanging up football boots to turn attention to golf
- POINT-TO-POINT: Big names jockeys sign up for Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- ROWING: Oxford City's Josie Nash and Eilish Turner-Frick shine in Inter-Regional Championships
- ATHLETICS: Abingdon's Paul Fernandez impresses in London Marathon
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: James Walter’s double earns Oxford Saints their first victory
- ATHLETICS: Banbury Harriers win UK Youth Development League opener
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club close in on Division 1 crown
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Brookes students to host charity sevens tournament
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action