Horspath Hammers produced a terrific performance to beat Ipswich Eagles 91-84 in their Elite League encounter.
The clash of the two standout teams was also close, with Horspath six points ahead at halfway, and extending this by a further one by the close.
Ipswich Eagles 84 (J Brooke 18+1, A Hill 14+1, L Roberts 13, L Mower 11, A Peck 11, C Rumbold 6+1, J Chittock 6, M Hill 5), Horspath Hammers 91 (M Boaler 18+1, L Nowacki 14+1, M Paradzinski 14, L Osbourne 12+1, C Timms 12+1, Z Payne 9+1, O Riley 7+1, A Johnson 5.
Elite League Combination
Ipswich Eagles 98 (B Harvey 13, R Fellgett 12+1, L Jacobs 10, O Buxton 8+2, P Bacon 7+2, F Harris 6, A Harvey 3), Horspath Hammers 69 (O Riley 14+1, J Richardson 14, M Boaler 12, Z Payne 11+1, A Johnson 9+1, G Horsley 9).
Latest Sport news
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must forget FA Cup and make most of game in hand at Charlton Athletic
- Michael Appleton: We must be 'clever' to solve Oxford United's selection jigsaw
- FOOTBALL: Steve Roberts strikes twice as Heyford Athletic beat Cropredy
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- RUGBY UNION: Second-half show guides leaders Chinnor to vital victory as Henley Hawks also triumph
- HOCKEY: Lucy Stewart’s super double secures comeback victory for Oxford Hawks
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins complete double over Banbury, while Witney and Grove also taste victory
- DARTS: Peachcroft make their class tell to sink Kings Arms in Oxford League
- MOTORSPORT: Paul Di Resta retained as Williams official reserve driver for 2017 season
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester run riot, Wallingford win, but Gosford All Blacks suffer defeat