NEIL Phillips and Nigel Bint combined to secure Challow & Childrey 3rd a 165-run victory over ten-man Didcot 4th in Division 10.
Phillips hit 107 and Girish Kumar 39 in Challow’s 191-2 before Bint took 7-10 as visitors Didcot were rolled over for 26.
East Oxford 2nd kept in touch with the Division 6 pacesetters thanks to a five-wicket success at home to Horspath 3rd.
Chris Jones (40no), Robin Pykett (40no), James Earnshaw (40) and Dominic O’Connor (33) all shone in Horspath’s 176-6, while Usman Ijaz took 4-48.
Pykett then claimed 3-34 in East Oxford’s reply, but Adnan Hamid (53) and Muddasser Manzoor (44) starred in the hosts’ chase, which ended successfully at 177-5.
Richard Hart’s impressive 5-11 helped Horley 2nd to a five-wicket victory at Oxford 4th in Division 7.
Hart’s salvo ensured Oxford were all out for 108, despite Julian Lawton-Smith hitting 30.
Nigel Leach made 42 as Horley reached 110-5.
Bill Wallace’s spell of 6-11 was not quite enough to prevent hosts Cumnor 3rd edging out his Shipton-under-Wychwood 3rd side in Division 8.
Simon Howarth took 3-10 and Matt Todd 3-24 to dismiss Shipton for 65, but that was nearly enough.
Cumnor scraped home at 66-9 as Wallace did his best to deny them victory.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships
- MOTORSPORT: Dave Messenger lands double podium at Castle Combe