NEIL Phillips and Nigel Bint combined to secure Challow & Childrey 3rd a 165-run victory over ten-man Didcot 4th in Division 10.
Phillips hit 107 and Girish Kumar 39 in Challow’s 191-2 before Bint took 7-10 as visitors Didcot were rolled over for 26.
East Oxford 2nd kept in touch with the Division 6 pacesetters thanks to a five-wicket success at home to Horspath 3rd.
Chris Jones (40no), Robin Pykett (40no), James Earnshaw (40) and Dominic O’Connor (33) all shone in Horspath’s 176-6, while Usman Ijaz took 4-48.
Pykett then claimed 3-34 in East Oxford’s reply, but Adnan Hamid (53) and Muddasser Manzoor (44) starred in the hosts’ chase, which ended successfully at 177-5.
Richard Hart’s impressive 5-11 helped Horley 2nd to a five-wicket victory at Oxford 4th in Division 7.
Hart’s salvo ensured Oxford were all out for 108, despite Julian Lawton-Smith hitting 30.
Nigel Leach made 42 as Horley reached 110-5.
Bill Wallace’s spell of 6-11 was not quite enough to prevent hosts Cumnor 3rd edging out his Shipton-under-Wychwood 3rd side in Division 8.
Simon Howarth took 3-10 and Matt Todd 3-24 to dismiss Shipton for 65, but that was nearly enough.
Cumnor scraped home at 66-9 as Wallace did his best to deny them victory.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell looking forward to Wentworth
- BOWLS: Tidball's last shot earns South Oxford thrilling victory
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter upbeat over fitness ahead of junior French Open bid
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints too strong for Jurassic Coast Raptors
- ATHLETICS: Emma O'Hara stars as Radley are made to battle in Southern League
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Nick Jones wins Wallingford Thames Run 10k
- ATHLETICS: David Kuester to undergo surgery after Masters victory
- RUGBY UNION: Frances Goss named in England Women Under 18 Talent Development Group