SHAW GIBBS OXFORDSHIRE FOURSOMES LEAGUE
Tadmarton Heath 1½ (2pts), Cotswolds Club 1½ (2) (Tadmarton Heath scores first): A Laird & L Washbourne halved with S Kench & A White, S Hallam & J Smith lost to C Dyer & P Scholfield 3 & 2, L Robinson & F Penniston bt A Johnson & W Preece 2 & 1.
Magnolia Park 1 (1), North Oxford 2 (3) (Magnolia Park scores first): G Stirratt & S Stanley bt S Willoughby & D Willoughby 8 & 6, M Jefferson & S Stones lost to R Nicholson & M Tippett 4 & 3, C Stones & A Lanes lost to P Major & S Smith 1 hole.
Badgemore Park 1 (1), Bicester 2 (3) (Badgemore Park scores first): M Hawkins & S Pearson lost to W Dobbins & D Billington 2 holes, F Kassam & B Hayden bt D Bedborough & J Reel walkover, D Haddock & S Shurman lost to T Horn & T Heasley 6 & 4.
Knock Out Cup
Chiltern Forest 2, Feldon Valley 1 (Chiltern Forest scores first): J Taylor & N Trew-Smith bt M Abbotts & G Hutchins 6 & 4, S Welfare & D Digby lost to R Brown & W McCoombes 3 & 2, M Williams & E Lloyd bt N Suckling & T Cox 5 & 4.
Peace Bowl: 1 P Harwood 83-21=62, 2 J McCluskey 74-11=63 (cb), 3 M Oliver 77-14=63.
Senior club match: North Oxford 3, Burford 3.
Kings Arms Golf Society at Wrag Barn: 1 G Deans 34pts (cb), 2 T Weston 34, 3 P Ching 33. Nearest the pins – 3rd: R Gynes. 5th: G Justice. 12th: P Carroll. 16th: I Wilkins.
Captain’s Cup and Betty Parsley 1st Trophy – Div 1: 1 J McCairns 36 pts, 2 C Whittle 34 (cb), 3 J Tavinor 34. Div 2: 1 M Cannon 37pts (Captain’s Cup winner), 2 C Walsh 36 (cb) (Betty Parsley 1st Trophy winner), 3 M Hermon 36.
Men’s Rippon Trophy Medal: 1 J Simpson 67-3=64 (cb), 2 N White 82-18=64, 3= R Hughes 81-14=67, R Grant 72-5=67, S Hopkins 68-1=67, S Dryden 73-6=67, O Squires 80-13=67.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United in talks to extend contract of skipper John Lundstram beyond next season
- Oxford United out to sign off on a high against Shrewsbury
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn’s offered Olympic trial despite defeat
- MOTORSPORT: Renault driver Jolyon Palmer is against new safety shield
- BASKETBALL: Oxfordshire trio in junior regional side
- ANGLING: Holder Craig Partridge gets off to flying start
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford driver Matt Chapman facing first two-hour endurance test
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford's David Murphy competes against Olympic champion in British final
- Canice Carroll raring for next season already after breaking into Oxford United's side
- Reaction to Shrewsbury Town defeat defined Oxford United's season – Michael Appleton