Oxfordshire's Zoe Shipperley has been selected for England’s women’s team to compete in Glasgow next month.
The 24-year-old defender, from Marsh Gibbon, near Bicester, is named in a squad of 16.
Shipperley coaches at St Edward’s School, Oxford, where she also works as a graduate assistant with a Bsc in Sports Performance from the University of Bath.
A former St Edward’s School pupil, she plays for Buckingham.
She made her debut for England in February this year and was a member of the team who competed in the recent Rabobank World Cup in the Netherlands.
Shipperley has also made an appearance for Great Britain.
Former Oxford University student Dan Fox is in the men’s squad.
Since making his debut in 2009, the 31-year-old defender has notched up numerous caps, and made his Olympic debut at London 2012.
A talented cricketer, Fox, who lives in Godalming, Surrey, made 104 for Oxford in the 2004 Varsity Match.
Latest Sport news
- Southend United 2 (Leonard 13, Wordsworth pen 74), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 45+3)
- UPDATES - Southend United v Oxford United
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth