Oxfordshire's Zoe Shipperley has been selected for England’s women’s team to compete in Glasgow next month.
The 24-year-old defender, from Marsh Gibbon, near Bicester, is named in a squad of 16.
Shipperley coaches at St Edward’s School, Oxford, where she also works as a graduate assistant with a Bsc in Sports Performance from the University of Bath.
A former St Edward’s School pupil, she plays for Buckingham.
She made her debut for England in February this year and was a member of the team who competed in the recent Rabobank World Cup in the Netherlands.
Shipperley has also made an appearance for Great Britain.
Former Oxford University student Dan Fox is in the men’s squad.
Since making his debut in 2009, the 31-year-old defender has notched up numerous caps, and made his Olympic debut at London 2012.
A talented cricketer, Fox, who lives in Godalming, Surrey, made 104 for Oxford in the 2004 Varsity Match.
Latest Sport news
- Update: Former Oxford United teammates make glowing tribute to 'leader' Paul McCarthy
- Chris Maguire urges Oxford United to use agonising FA Cup defeat as play-off spur
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton disappointed by soft goals conceded at Middlesbrough
- John Lundstram humbled by massive Oxford United following at Riverside Stadium
- Aitor Karanka relieved after Middlesbrough edge past Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Lee Henderson heads Oxford City to victory over Hemel Hempstead Town
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town earn draw and Kidlington win, but North Leigh and Wantage Town suffer defeats
- FOOTBALL: George Nash earns Banbury United a point, but draw hampers play-off bid
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 18-19