Oxfordshire's Zoe Shipperley has been selected for England’s women’s team to compete in Glasgow next month.
The 24-year-old defender, from Marsh Gibbon, near Bicester, is named in a squad of 16.
Shipperley coaches at St Edward’s School, Oxford, where she also works as a graduate assistant with a Bsc in Sports Performance from the University of Bath.
A former St Edward’s School pupil, she plays for Buckingham.
She made her debut for England in February this year and was a member of the team who competed in the recent Rabobank World Cup in the Netherlands.
Shipperley has also made an appearance for Great Britain.
Former Oxford University student Dan Fox is in the men’s squad.
Since making his debut in 2009, the 31-year-old defender has notched up numerous caps, and made his Olympic debut at London 2012.
A talented cricketer, Fox, who lives in Godalming, Surrey, made 104 for Oxford in the 2004 Varsity Match.
Latest Sport news
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton takes no risks with Vesperal Dream
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders