Oxfordshire's Zoe Shipperley has been selected for England’s women’s team to compete in Glasgow next month.
The 24-year-old defender, from Marsh Gibbon, near Bicester, is named in a squad of 16.
Shipperley coaches at St Edward’s School, Oxford, where she also works as a graduate assistant with a Bsc in Sports Performance from the University of Bath.
A former St Edward’s School pupil, she plays for Buckingham.
She made her debut for England in February this year and was a member of the team who competed in the recent Rabobank World Cup in the Netherlands.
Shipperley has also made an appearance for Great Britain.
Former Oxford University student Dan Fox is in the men’s squad.
Since making his debut in 2009, the 31-year-old defender has notched up numerous caps, and made his Olympic debut at London 2012.
A talented cricketer, Fox, who lives in Godalming, Surrey, made 104 for Oxford in the 2004 Varsity Match.
Latest Sport news
- Ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback
- FOOTBALL: Southern League previews for Didcot, Wantage, Kidlington and Banbury
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins record first victory as last kick misses target
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor bury battling opponents with six-try display to stay top of the table
- GOLF: Final pair seal Foursomes crown for Frilford Heath
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks' chances go west as Isca edge tight contest
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester scrape home to narrow derby win against Wallingford