Oxfordshire's Zoe Shipperley has been selected for England’s women’s team to compete in Glasgow next month.
The 24-year-old defender, from Marsh Gibbon, near Bicester, is named in a squad of 16.
Shipperley coaches at St Edward’s School, Oxford, where she also works as a graduate assistant with a Bsc in Sports Performance from the University of Bath.
A former St Edward’s School pupil, she plays for Buckingham.
She made her debut for England in February this year and was a member of the team who competed in the recent Rabobank World Cup in the Netherlands.
Shipperley has also made an appearance for Great Britain.
Former Oxford University student Dan Fox is in the men’s squad.
Since making his debut in 2009, the 31-year-old defender has notched up numerous caps, and made his Olympic debut at London 2012.
A talented cricketer, Fox, who lives in Godalming, Surrey, made 104 for Oxford in the 2004 Varsity Match.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United players draw breath before Wembley
- Wembley tickets to go on sale at Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town defender Sam Elkins banned for five games after involvement in pitch invasion against Hereford
- BOWLS: AJ Docherty nicks Oxfordshire indoor singles title in thrilling final
- ROWING: Headington School rule roost once again
- RUGBY UNION: Former London Welsh back Alan Awcock enjoying new career after ending professional playing days
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins prop Matt Edney set for year-long New Zealand trip
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars demolished by London Raiders in play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Tom Stileman, Jordan Brodley and Sam Pointon named in England Students squad for Ireland Universities clash at Iffley Road
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s Stewart Thorp helps Great Britain win silver at Indoor World Masters Championships