London Welsh head Justin Burnell has tipped former England lock Dean Schofield to make a big impact at the club.
Schofield, 35, was yesterday announced as Welsh’s 19th signing of the summer as they build towards their Aviva Premiership return.
“Dean is a big man with a wealth of experience from a technical and tactical aspect of the game, which is very important for us, and his leadership quality speaks for itself,” said Burnell.
Schofield has signed from Worcester Warriors, whom he joined from French giants RC Toulon in 2012.
He tweeted: “Looking forward to meeting everyone at my new club @LondonWelshRFC on Monday #freshstart #newchallenge”
The 6ft 6in 20st second row earned two England caps while a Sale Sharks player in 2007.
He won the Premiership title with Sale in 2006, having helped them land the European Challenge Cup at the Kassam Stadium in 2005.
Schofield has 191 Premiership appearances and has captained Sale and Worcester.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships