London Welsh head Justin Burnell has tipped former England lock Dean Schofield to make a big impact at the club.
Schofield, 35, was yesterday announced as Welsh’s 19th signing of the summer as they build towards their Aviva Premiership return.
“Dean is a big man with a wealth of experience from a technical and tactical aspect of the game, which is very important for us, and his leadership quality speaks for itself,” said Burnell.
Schofield has signed from Worcester Warriors, whom he joined from French giants RC Toulon in 2012.
He tweeted: “Looking forward to meeting everyone at my new club @LondonWelshRFC on Monday #freshstart #newchallenge”
The 6ft 6in 20st second row earned two England caps while a Sale Sharks player in 2007.
He won the Premiership title with Sale in 2006, having helped them land the European Challenge Cup at the Kassam Stadium in 2005.
Schofield has 191 Premiership appearances and has captained Sale and Worcester.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United
- Oxford United fortunate to not concede penalty, says Carlisle United boss Keith Curle
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny
- Carlisle United 0, Oxford United 2 (Maguire pen 4, Sercombe 73)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Carlisle?
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title