Oxford City’s Hannah England eased into tonight’s 1500m final after winning her heat in a comfortable style at Birmingham’s Alexander Stadium last night.
She crossed the line in 4mins 21.82 secs, ahead of British title rival Laura Muir (4.22.23).
Her final is at 6.10pm, while fellow Oxfordshire medal hopes, hurdler Lawrence Clarke and triple-jumper Nathan Douglas compete tomorrow.
Latest Sport news
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham news is thrill for Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women looking towards brighter future after finishing bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Josh Atkinson at the double as Oxford beat South Wales Ironmen
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn ready for 'massive opportunity' in England v Scotland Dual
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith proud of KTM progress in MotoGP
- GOLF: Frilford Heath deal with downpour to deliver EuroPro Tour event
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith secures 12th place in France