Oxford City’s Hannah England eased into tonight’s 1500m final after winning her heat in a comfortable style at Birmingham’s Alexander Stadium last night.
She crossed the line in 4mins 21.82 secs, ahead of British title rival Laura Muir (4.22.23).
Her final is at 6.10pm, while fellow Oxfordshire medal hopes, hurdler Lawrence Clarke and triple-jumper Nathan Douglas compete tomorrow.
Latest Sport news
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow