Oxford City’s Hannah England eased into tonight’s 1500m final after winning her heat in a comfortable style at Birmingham’s Alexander Stadium last night.
She crossed the line in 4mins 21.82 secs, ahead of British title rival Laura Muir (4.22.23).
Her final is at 6.10pm, while fellow Oxfordshire medal hopes, hurdler Lawrence Clarke and triple-jumper Nathan Douglas compete tomorrow.
Latest Sport news
- Time for Oxford United to take big chance and make our mark – Michael Appleton
- I've been a nightmare to live with, says Oxford United defender Joe Skarz
- Wes Thomas keeps his spirits up on long road to Oxford United recovery
- Gary Caldwell: Flexible Chesterfield are a threat to Oxford United
- From the boardroom column: Oxford United are making waves across the world
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins out to maintain their great escape bid
- FOOTBAL: Boss praises Lee Henderson as Oxford City tighten up at the back
- FOOTBALL: Much-travelled Declan Benjamin now aims to settle down at Ardley United
- BADMINTON: Young Charlie Driver collects medal treble
- FOOTBALL: Andy Gunn shoots back to North Leigh after being released by Banbury United