Headington School confirmed their domination of junior girls rowing with a notable victory in the Henley Women’s Regatta.
In an event that regularly goes to crews from the USA, Headington completed the triple by winning the junior eights to add to their victories at the Schools’ Head and National Schools’ Regatta.
Wallingford RC’s women’s squad continued to collect trophies with wins in both the lightweight single (Louise Hart) and lightweight double sculls (Minna Jones-Walters and Amy Grieve).
Marlow Regatta was this year condensed to a single day on Eton’s Dorney Lake and was the last chance to impress the Henley seeding committee.
Oxford Brookes rested their top two crews, but their immense strength in depth was evident as their third and fourth boats won the intermediate 1 & 2 eights respectively.
Radley College also had two wins – in the intermediate 2 coxless fours and for in J14 octuple sculls.
At the Thames Valley Park Regatta in Reading, Hamish Bott, of Hinksey Sculling School, won the junior singles.
Latest Sport news
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton takes no risks with Vesperal Dream
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders