Headington School confirmed their domination of junior girls rowing with a notable victory in the Henley Women’s Regatta.
In an event that regularly goes to crews from the USA, Headington completed the triple by winning the junior eights to add to their victories at the Schools’ Head and National Schools’ Regatta.
Wallingford RC’s women’s squad continued to collect trophies with wins in both the lightweight single (Louise Hart) and lightweight double sculls (Minna Jones-Walters and Amy Grieve).
Marlow Regatta was this year condensed to a single day on Eton’s Dorney Lake and was the last chance to impress the Henley seeding committee.
Oxford Brookes rested their top two crews, but their immense strength in depth was evident as their third and fourth boats won the intermediate 1 & 2 eights respectively.
Radley College also had two wins – in the intermediate 2 coxless fours and for in J14 octuple sculls.
At the Thames Valley Park Regatta in Reading, Hamish Bott, of Hinksey Sculling School, won the junior singles.
Latest Sport news
- Kate Williamson, 70, stunned to be going head-to-head with Olympic silver medallist in Oxfordshire Sports Awards
- FOOTBALL: Hanborough edge into last four of Fred Ford Cup with shoot-out victory against Aston
- FOOTBALL: Saxton Rovers send North Berks League Division 1 leaders Berinsfield to first defeat
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: Brilliant Bleakley hits four as Summertown Eagles surpass Grove’s challenge
- GIRLS' FOOTBALL: Bethany Chapman and Hermione Prescott impress as Headington advance in Under 12 League Cup
- FOOTBALL: Hook Norton earn Oxfordshire Senior Cup tie with Banbury United
- FOOTBALL: Union Street secure comeback win over Oxford City FA leaders Lusitanos Oxford
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- Banbury United forced to settle for draw at Weymouth as hosts hit back