Headington School confirmed their domination of junior girls rowing with a notable victory in the Henley Women’s Regatta.
In an event that regularly goes to crews from the USA, Headington completed the triple by winning the junior eights to add to their victories at the Schools’ Head and National Schools’ Regatta.
Wallingford RC’s women’s squad continued to collect trophies with wins in both the lightweight single (Louise Hart) and lightweight double sculls (Minna Jones-Walters and Amy Grieve).
Marlow Regatta was this year condensed to a single day on Eton’s Dorney Lake and was the last chance to impress the Henley seeding committee.
Oxford Brookes rested their top two crews, but their immense strength in depth was evident as their third and fourth boats won the intermediate 1 & 2 eights respectively.
Radley College also had two wins – in the intermediate 2 coxless fours and for in J14 octuple sculls.
At the Thames Valley Park Regatta in Reading, Hamish Bott, of Hinksey Sculling School, won the junior singles.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United knocked out of FA Youth Cup by Bristol Rovers in first round
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later