Headington School confirmed their domination of junior girls rowing with a notable victory in the Henley Women’s Regatta.
In an event that regularly goes to crews from the USA, Headington completed the triple by winning the junior eights to add to their victories at the Schools’ Head and National Schools’ Regatta.
Wallingford RC’s women’s squad continued to collect trophies with wins in both the lightweight single (Louise Hart) and lightweight double sculls (Minna Jones-Walters and Amy Grieve).
Marlow Regatta was this year condensed to a single day on Eton’s Dorney Lake and was the last chance to impress the Henley seeding committee.
Oxford Brookes rested their top two crews, but their immense strength in depth was evident as their third and fourth boats won the intermediate 1 & 2 eights respectively.
Radley College also had two wins – in the intermediate 2 coxless fours and for in J14 octuple sculls.
At the Thames Valley Park Regatta in Reading, Hamish Bott, of Hinksey Sculling School, won the junior singles.
Latest Sport news
- Joe Rothwell positive despite Oxford United's EFL Cup defeat
- CRICKET: Oxford Downs on brink of Cherwell League top-flight return after winning thriller against Nondies
- AUNT SALLY: Brilliant Kevin Giles impresses with 17-doll haul as Gladiators A ease to victory
- CRICKET: Minster Lovell win double-header for pole position in OCA League Division 1 title race
- Oxford United 2 (Thomas 28, Crowley 90+4), Brighton & HA 4 (Adekugbe 2, LuaLua 76, Manu 81, Hemed 85)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Brighton?
- Oxford Utd v Brighton & HA - LIVE
- Oxford United linked with Everton midfielder Ryan Ledson
- Oxford United eye another Championship scalp as Brighton prepare to shuffle their pack
- Michael Appleton: Friendly defeat of more use to Oxford United than Brighton ahead of EFL Cup tie