Headington School confirmed their domination of junior girls rowing with a notable victory in the Henley Women’s Regatta.
In an event that regularly goes to crews from the USA, Headington completed the triple by winning the junior eights to add to their victories at the Schools’ Head and National Schools’ Regatta.
Wallingford RC’s women’s squad continued to collect trophies with wins in both the lightweight single (Louise Hart) and lightweight double sculls (Minna Jones-Walters and Amy Grieve).
Marlow Regatta was this year condensed to a single day on Eton’s Dorney Lake and was the last chance to impress the Henley seeding committee.
Oxford Brookes rested their top two crews, but their immense strength in depth was evident as their third and fourth boats won the intermediate 1 & 2 eights respectively.
Radley College also had two wins – in the intermediate 2 coxless fours and for in J14 octuple sculls.
At the Thames Valley Park Regatta in Reading, Hamish Bott, of Hinksey Sculling School, won the junior singles.
Latest Sport news
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships