Former Oxford United defender Damian Batt has returned to football after signing for fellow Sky Bet League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge.
The 29-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Londoners, who visit the Kassam Stadium on Saturday, August 30.
It is the second time Batt has come back to football after appearing to hang up his boots.
The right back made 177 appearances in four and a half seasons with the U's, before being released last summer.
After turning down several offers, he opted to retire, before days later joining Skrill South club Eastleigh.
After 12 starts Batt had his contract terminated in January, but after six months out of the game he has joined Dagenham, where he had a brief spell in 2004.
Latest United news:
- Oxford United's fitness concerns ease despite Johnny Mullins knock
- Oxford United will let train take the strain for Carlisle journey
- Oxford United's finale with Wycombe Wanderers is sold out
- Drinks are on me, says Oxford United chairman
- Darryl Eales to buy refreshments for Oxford United fans at Carlisle