A new coarse fishing river season started on Monday and, for once, conditions were near-perfect after a period of settled weather.
Many clubs begin their matches on local rivers tomorrow, and decent catches of roach and bream should be on the cards.
Results and photographs for inclusion in our regular Saturday column should be emailed to oxfordmail.co.uk/sport by 9pm on the following Monday.
THE website address for the Abingdon & Oxford Anglers Alliance in last Saturday’s column and listed on the Alliance permits is incorrect.
The correct address is www.allianceao.co.uk.
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- Liam Sercombe a step closer to Oxford United departure
- POINT-TO-POINT: Lisa O'Neill backing Ireland to stop the rot in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City reveal bumper pre-season programme
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell eyes putting improvements ahead of US Open qualifying
- TENNIS: North Oxford extend super streak to keep promotion push on track
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League preview
- POINT-TO-POINT: Will Biddick does not expect home advantage to help Great Britain in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton