A new coarse fishing river season started on Monday and, for once, conditions were near-perfect after a period of settled weather.
Many clubs begin their matches on local rivers tomorrow, and decent catches of roach and bream should be on the cards.
Results and photographs for inclusion in our regular Saturday column should be emailed to oxfordmail.co.uk/sport by 9pm on the following Monday.
THE website address for the Abingdon & Oxford Anglers Alliance in last Saturday’s column and listed on the Alliance permits is incorrect.
The correct address is www.allianceao.co.uk.
- Oxford United eye loan market for winger after permanent move for top target stalls
- Simon Eastwood braced for ‘different’ mood as Oxford United set for low Checkatrade Trophy attendance
- FOOTBALL: Stuttering Oxford City beaten by ten-man Gosport Borough
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ella Franklin-Fraiture strike in vain as Oxford United fall to Durham defeat
- FOOTBALL: Superb North Leigh beat Swindon Supermarine to make four wins in a row
- DARTS: West Oxford Democrats Club survive scare to stay top of Section 2
- GOLF: Latest results from across Oxfordshire
- Jake Wright: It was a strange feeling facing Oxford United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We let them off the hook, says Michael Appleton after Oxford United defeat