A new coarse fishing river season started on Monday and, for once, conditions were near-perfect after a period of settled weather.
Many clubs begin their matches on local rivers tomorrow, and decent catches of roach and bream should be on the cards.
Results and photographs for inclusion in our regular Saturday column should be emailed to oxfordmail.co.uk/sport by 9pm on the following Monday.
THE website address for the Abingdon & Oxford Anglers Alliance in last Saturday’s column and listed on the Alliance permits is incorrect.
The correct address is www.allianceao.co.uk.
- Oxford United season ticket sales set to break new ground at Kassam Stadium
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter thrilled by Wimbledon call
- CRICKET: Vice-captain Jonny Cater backs Oxfordshire to end poor run in Unicorns Counties Championship
- RUGBY UNION: Bevon Armitage has high hopes after signing for Chinnor
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew captain Andy Harris delighted by Joe Thomas form
- CRICKET: John Barrett hails Oxford's quality ahead of Thame Town derby
- TENNIS: Ustic saves match points on way to maiden title
- ROWING: Oxon crews reign at damp Reading regatta
- ICE HOCKEY: Elliott End set up to honour Oxford City Stars aces
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain