ECB 50+ COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP
PAUL Tew completed a remarkable fourth century against Gloucestershire as Oxfordshire Over 50s made it three wins from four matches in Group 4 with a 15-run victory at Banbury Twenty.
Winning the toss, Tew and Darryl Woods put on 161 for the first wicket, paving the way for Oxon’s total of 247-7 from their 45 overs.
Tew hit 14 fours and one six in his 94-ball 114, made in 112 minutes despite suffering hamstring trouble in only the second over.
It was his fourth ton against the same opponents.
Gloucestershire slumped to 83-5 against some fine bowling from Kevin Taylor.
But a middle-order revival, helped by Oxon spilling six catches – four off the bowling of Ian Curtis – kept them in the chase, which eventually ended on 232 off 45.5 overs.
One more victory from their last three matches should ensure Oxon qualify for the knockout stages.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities