ECB 50+ COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP
PAUL Tew completed a remarkable fourth century against Gloucestershire as Oxfordshire Over 50s made it three wins from four matches in Group 4 with a 15-run victory at Banbury Twenty.
Winning the toss, Tew and Darryl Woods put on 161 for the first wicket, paving the way for Oxon’s total of 247-7 from their 45 overs.
Tew hit 14 fours and one six in his 94-ball 114, made in 112 minutes despite suffering hamstring trouble in only the second over.
It was his fourth ton against the same opponents.
Gloucestershire slumped to 83-5 against some fine bowling from Kevin Taylor.
But a middle-order revival, helped by Oxon spilling six catches – four off the bowling of Ian Curtis – kept them in the chase, which eventually ended on 232 off 45.5 overs.
One more victory from their last three matches should ensure Oxon qualify for the knockout stages.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Oxford United to discover EFL Trophy opponents in draw tomorrow
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley