ECB 50+ COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP
PAUL Tew completed a remarkable fourth century against Gloucestershire as Oxfordshire Over 50s made it three wins from four matches in Group 4 with a 15-run victory at Banbury Twenty.
Winning the toss, Tew and Darryl Woods put on 161 for the first wicket, paving the way for Oxon’s total of 247-7 from their 45 overs.
Tew hit 14 fours and one six in his 94-ball 114, made in 112 minutes despite suffering hamstring trouble in only the second over.
It was his fourth ton against the same opponents.
Gloucestershire slumped to 83-5 against some fine bowling from Kevin Taylor.
But a middle-order revival, helped by Oxon spilling six catches – four off the bowling of Ian Curtis – kept them in the chase, which eventually ended on 232 off 45.5 overs.
One more victory from their last three matches should ensure Oxon qualify for the knockout stages.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- Banbury United forced to settle for draw at Weymouth as hosts hit back
- Oxford United to face Bradford City in last eight of Checkatrade Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights