ECB 50+ COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP
PAUL Tew completed a remarkable fourth century against Gloucestershire as Oxfordshire Over 50s made it three wins from four matches in Group 4 with a 15-run victory at Banbury Twenty.
Winning the toss, Tew and Darryl Woods put on 161 for the first wicket, paving the way for Oxon’s total of 247-7 from their 45 overs.
Tew hit 14 fours and one six in his 94-ball 114, made in 112 minutes despite suffering hamstring trouble in only the second over.
It was his fourth ton against the same opponents.
Gloucestershire slumped to 83-5 against some fine bowling from Kevin Taylor.
But a middle-order revival, helped by Oxon spilling six catches – four off the bowling of Ian Curtis – kept them in the chase, which eventually ended on 232 off 45.5 overs.
One more victory from their last three matches should ensure Oxon qualify for the knockout stages.
Latest Sport news
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow