ECB 50+ COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP
PAUL Tew completed a remarkable fourth century against Gloucestershire as Oxfordshire Over 50s made it three wins from four matches in Group 4 with a 15-run victory at Banbury Twenty.
Winning the toss, Tew and Darryl Woods put on 161 for the first wicket, paving the way for Oxon’s total of 247-7 from their 45 overs.
Tew hit 14 fours and one six in his 94-ball 114, made in 112 minutes despite suffering hamstring trouble in only the second over.
It was his fourth ton against the same opponents.
Gloucestershire slumped to 83-5 against some fine bowling from Kevin Taylor.
But a middle-order revival, helped by Oxon spilling six catches – four off the bowling of Ian Curtis – kept them in the chase, which eventually ended on 232 off 45.5 overs.
One more victory from their last three matches should ensure Oxon qualify for the knockout stages.
Latest Sport news
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham news is thrill for Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women looking towards brighter future after finishing bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Josh Atkinson at the double as Oxford beat South Wales Ironmen
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn ready for 'massive opportunity' in England v Scotland Dual
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith proud of KTM progress in MotoGP
- GOLF: Frilford Heath deal with downpour to deliver EuroPro Tour event
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith secures 12th place in France