Wallingford RC swept the board in the Reading Amateur Regatta, bringing home ten gold medals and the Victor Ludorum Trophy, for the club winning the most events.
Lizzie Polgreen kicked things off with an easy win in the elite single sculls.
The women’s elite double then followed suit and the women’s novice coxed made it three quick successes.
The girls’ J15 coxed crew of Georgia Swiatoniowska, Ani Cook, Jessica Polkey, Morgan Sims and cox Billy Lines won convincingly.
They were closely followed by the boys’ J16 A quad. Eve Newton took the women’s novice single scull, with the club’s J18 pair of Dan Wilkinson and Tom Brock also victorious.
In one of the closest races, Wallingford girls’ J18 pair of Alice Walker and Katie Metalli beat Reading by a foot to claim the title.
Lauren Shannon and Jessica Shuttleworth won the J16 category and the victorious J15 quad made it a double success by also claiming the J16 quad event in a day to remember.
No other local outfits could match Wallingford’s tally.
Hinksey notched up two wins, while Radley College, City of Oxford, Oxford Brookes and Abingdon School managed one trophy apiece.
Latest Sport news
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback