Wallingford RC swept the board in the Reading Amateur Regatta, bringing home ten gold medals and the Victor Ludorum Trophy, for the club winning the most events.
Lizzie Polgreen kicked things off with an easy win in the elite single sculls.
The women’s elite double then followed suit and the women’s novice coxed made it three quick successes.
The girls’ J15 coxed crew of Georgia Swiatoniowska, Ani Cook, Jessica Polkey, Morgan Sims and cox Billy Lines won convincingly.
They were closely followed by the boys’ J16 A quad. Eve Newton took the women’s novice single scull, with the club’s J18 pair of Dan Wilkinson and Tom Brock also victorious.
In one of the closest races, Wallingford girls’ J18 pair of Alice Walker and Katie Metalli beat Reading by a foot to claim the title.
Lauren Shannon and Jessica Shuttleworth won the J16 category and the victorious J15 quad made it a double success by also claiming the J16 quad event in a day to remember.
No other local outfits could match Wallingford’s tally.
Hinksey notched up two wins, while Radley College, City of Oxford, Oxford Brookes and Abingdon School managed one trophy apiece.
Latest Sport news
- Canice Carroll eyes Oxford United starting role after signing three-year deal
- RUGBY UNION: Relieved David Hyde delighted to help Oxfordshire claim historic Twickenham triumph
- POINT-TO-POINT: Irish delight after emphatic victory at Kingston Blount
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham victory will give Oxfordshire platform for the future, says head coach Craig Burrows
- MOTORSPORT: Double points finish in Monaco shows Haas are growing in Formula 1, says Romain Grosjean
- DARTS: In-form Red Lion roar to another win in ODDA
- GOLF: Drayton Park welcomes bumper field for Irish championship
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell clinches US Open spot after superb qualifying display
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- Oxford United denied cash boost from Kemar Roofe transfer after Leeds United's failure to make play-offs