Oxfordshire's Katherine Hawes helped England retain their British Isles Women’s International Series title in Jersey.
Having received a late call-up into the team, the Oxford City & County star played her part as England won all four of their matches against Ireland, Scotland, Jersey and Wales on Les Creux’s artificial green.
Hawes said: “I was quite pleased with it being the first time on an artificial surface, and I was at No 3 whereas I have played at No 2 before.
“I thought I did quite well and the other people in my team did too.”
England opened up with a 120-108 win over Ireland, with Hawes featuring in a 21-12 rink victory skipped by Lincolnshire’s Penny Strong, alongside Worcestershire’s Sue Davies and Derbyshire’s Jo Skelton against Barbara Cameron.
Hawes and her rinkmates were then pipped 16-15 by Scotland skip Lorna Smith, but England won 108-102 to make it two wins out of two.
An emphatic 140-86 victory over Jersey followed with the four including Hawes regaining the winning thread with a 21-12 success over skip Helen Greechan.
England clinched the title by walloping Wales 143-97, with Hawes’s side beating skip Judith Wason 21-15.
Hawes added: “I think we did very well and we were obviously pleased by the result.
“We only lost one game by one, so that was nice from a personal point of view.”
- Oxford United 4 (T Roberts 12, Maguire pen 36, Taylor 68, MacDonald 71), Exeter City 2 (Jay 43, McAlinden 61)
- Oxford United v Exeter City - LIVE
- Oxford United eye loan market for winger after permanent move for top target stalls
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Exeter?
- Simon Eastwood braced for ‘different’ mood as Oxford United set for low Checkatrade Trophy attendance
- FOOTBALL: Stuttering Oxford City beaten by ten-man Gosport Borough
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ella Franklin-Fraiture strike in vain as Oxford United fall to Durham defeat
- FOOTBALL: Superb North Leigh beat Swindon Supermarine to make four wins in a row
- DARTS: West Oxford Democrats Club survive scare to stay top of Section 2
- GOLF: Latest results from across Oxfordshire