Great and Little Tew’s attack was taken apart by Amersham opener Bruce Friedrichs as they suffered an 87-run home defeat in Division 2 on Saturday.
The South African hammered 130 off 156 balls, with 21 fours and a six as Amersham rattled up 257-6 dec from 58 overs after being inserted.
Matt Woods was the most successful bowler wiith 3-47.
Tew’s hopes of chasing this big target were dashed when they slipped to 19-3, with Harry Smith and Matthew Clark both out for ducks, the latter being run out.
Joe White made 45, while Curtly Slatter raced to 55 off 37 balls with 11 fours.
But once he and Lloyd Brock (41) were dismissed, the innings went into a swift decline.
The hosts were eventually all out for 170 with seven overs to spare, Luke Jackson capturing 3-27.
Sport Latest Sport news
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- BOWLS: Tidball's last shot earns South Oxford thrilling victory
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter is upbeat over fitness ahead of Roland Garros bid
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints too strong for Jurassic Coast Raptors
- ATHLETICS: Emma O'Hara stars as Radley are made to battle in Southern League
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Nick Jones wins Wallingford Thames Run 10k
- ATHLETICS: David Kuester to undergo surgery after Masters victory
- RUGBY UNION: Frances Goss named in England Women Under 18 Talent Development Group
- BAR BILLIARDS: Oracle survive Marlborough Club scare to book Gracie J's final spot