Great and Little Tew’s attack was taken apart by Amersham opener Bruce Friedrichs as they suffered an 87-run home defeat in Division 2 on Saturday.
The South African hammered 130 off 156 balls, with 21 fours and a six as Amersham rattled up 257-6 dec from 58 overs after being inserted.
Matt Woods was the most successful bowler wiith 3-47.
Tew’s hopes of chasing this big target were dashed when they slipped to 19-3, with Harry Smith and Matthew Clark both out for ducks, the latter being run out.
Joe White made 45, while Curtly Slatter raced to 55 off 37 balls with 11 fours.
But once he and Lloyd Brock (41) were dismissed, the innings went into a swift decline.
The hosts were eventually all out for 170 with seven overs to spare, Luke Jackson capturing 3-27.
Sport Latest Sport news
- I expect to score for Oxford United despite left-field switch – Ryan Taylor
- Michael Appleton searching for a cure to Oxford United's Jekyll & Hyde form
- Oxford United loan extension appeals to Charlie Raglan
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell set to miss cut after disastrous second round
- Port Vale sign former Newcastle United midfielder Ryan Taylor ahead of Oxford United clash
- Oxford United to honour 1996 promotion winners
- FOOTBALL: General manager Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to build on Poole Town win
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town boss Andy Ballard moves quickly to fill Luke Carnell void
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock backs youthful Oxford Harlequins to step up in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Elliott Osborne-Ricketts leaves North Leigh for Kidlington