Skipper Jordan Garrett hit an unbeaten 95 as Oxfordshire Under 15s made it three wins on the spin with an eight-wicket success over Bedfordshire at Stonesfield in the ECB County Cup.
Having restricted Bedfordshire to 167-7 off their 50 overs after putting the bat visitors in to bat in the Group 2 clash, Garrett hammered 15 fours in his 112-ball knock to take Oxon to victory with 11.4 overs to spare.
He featured in a second-wicket stand of 129 with George Reid, who made a fluent 59.
Earlier, left-arm spinner Lloyd Belcher was the pick of Oxfordshire’s attack with 4-23 off his ten overs, while Shaylen Tomlinson-Patel top-scored for Bedfordshire with 80.
OPENER Tom Price’s half-century proved in vain as Oxfordshire Under 14s lost their ECB County Cup Group 2 match against Buckinghamshire by four wickets at Christ Church College.
Oxon elected to bat after winning the toss, and skipper Price led the way with an unbeaten 55 as the hosts were held to 146-9 from their 45 overs.
Sam Powell removed Bucks opener Henry Powell early on, and Harrison Ward claimed two wickets.
But Bucks eased to the target with more than three overs to spare, thanks largely to 51 not out from captain Max Hutt.
OXFORDSHIRE Under 11s went down by two wickets to Buckinghamshire in a low-scoring friendly at Thame.
Oxon were bowled out for 109 after opting to bat first, with Sam Chown (26) top-scoring as Rahul Randev took 4-14.
Bucks then scraped home at 111-8.
ZACH Lion-Cachet took 6-10 to send Dorset crashing to 29 all out and give Oxfordshire Under 10s a crushing 116-run win in a rain-affected friendly at Exeter School.
He clean bowled all six of his victims to reduce the hosts to 15-6 inside seven overs, and in doing so became the first boy to take five wickets in an innings for Oxfordshire at under 10 level.
Earlier, Oxon had posted 145-8 off their 30 overs after being put in to bat, with Max Ferreira (29) top-scoring.
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- Banbury United forced to settle for draw at Weymouth as hosts hit back
- Oxford United to face Bradford City in last eight of Checkatrade Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights