Ellie Noble removed Four Oaks Saints’s top five batters as Oxford maintained their unbeaten record in ECB Women's Midlands League Division 2 with an emphatic 152-run win.
Noble took 5-16, and with her sister, Charley, picking up two wickets, the Birmingham side were skittled out for 59 in reply to Oxford’s imposing 221-6 off 45 overs.
Ellie Bath led the way in Oxford’s innings with eight fours in her unbeaten 66, while Eliza Goode made 56.
Charlbury were shot out for 68 on the way to a four-wicket home defeat by Worcestershire side Astwood Bank.
After electing to bat, Charlbury collapsed in dramatic fashion from 42-2 to 68 all out, with only opener Ellie Norton showing any resistance with a gritty 22 as the last seven Charlbury batsmen failed to score a single run between them.
Jessica Humby (4-12) and Amelia Kite (4-20) were the chief tormentors.
Astwood Bank then slumped to 54-6, with Norton taking 3-16, before Amber Capewell (27no) saw the visitors across the line.
ECB Midlands League
Oxford 221-6 (E Bath 66no, E Goode 56), Four Oaks Saints 59 (E Noble 5-16).
Charlbury 68 (J Humby 4-12, A Kite 4-20); Astwood Bank 72-6 (E Norton 3-16).
Oxfordshire Midweek League
Freeland 112-5, Oxford University 100-6.
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must beat Bury tonight or they can forget play-off push
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United players to seize final chance against Bury to push Wembley claims
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor’s National League 2 South title bid suffers huge blow but Henley Hawks win
- GOLF: Champions Frilford Heath are whitewashed
- HOCKEY: Mixed emotions as Abingdon Pilgrims bow out with a victory before disbanding
- RUGBY UNION: Defeats for Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Banbury, but Grove triumph
- RUGBY UNION: Gosford All Blacks, Bicester and Wallingford all triumph in Southern Counties North
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford are no match for Whitehaven in cup
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore beat Wheatley as Oxford and Chipping Norton are also victorious
- DARTS: Oxfordshire chasing promotion