Ellie Noble removed Four Oaks Saints’s top five batters as Oxford maintained their unbeaten record in ECB Women's Midlands League Division 2 with an emphatic 152-run win.
Noble took 5-16, and with her sister, Charley, picking up two wickets, the Birmingham side were skittled out for 59 in reply to Oxford’s imposing 221-6 off 45 overs.
Ellie Bath led the way in Oxford’s innings with eight fours in her unbeaten 66, while Eliza Goode made 56.
Charlbury were shot out for 68 on the way to a four-wicket home defeat by Worcestershire side Astwood Bank.
After electing to bat, Charlbury collapsed in dramatic fashion from 42-2 to 68 all out, with only opener Ellie Norton showing any resistance with a gritty 22 as the last seven Charlbury batsmen failed to score a single run between them.
Jessica Humby (4-12) and Amelia Kite (4-20) were the chief tormentors.
Astwood Bank then slumped to 54-6, with Norton taking 3-16, before Amber Capewell (27no) saw the visitors across the line.
ECB Midlands League
Oxford 221-6 (E Bath 66no, E Goode 56), Four Oaks Saints 59 (E Noble 5-16).
Charlbury 68 (J Humby 4-12, A Kite 4-20); Astwood Bank 72-6 (E Norton 3-16).
Oxfordshire Midweek League
Freeland 112-5, Oxford University 100-6.
- Oxford United knocked out of FA Youth Cup by Bristol Rovers in first round
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later