Ellie Noble removed Four Oaks Saints’s top five batters as Oxford maintained their unbeaten record in ECB Women's Midlands League Division 2 with an emphatic 152-run win.
Noble took 5-16, and with her sister, Charley, picking up two wickets, the Birmingham side were skittled out for 59 in reply to Oxford’s imposing 221-6 off 45 overs.
Ellie Bath led the way in Oxford’s innings with eight fours in her unbeaten 66, while Eliza Goode made 56.
Charlbury were shot out for 68 on the way to a four-wicket home defeat by Worcestershire side Astwood Bank.
After electing to bat, Charlbury collapsed in dramatic fashion from 42-2 to 68 all out, with only opener Ellie Norton showing any resistance with a gritty 22 as the last seven Charlbury batsmen failed to score a single run between them.
Jessica Humby (4-12) and Amelia Kite (4-20) were the chief tormentors.
Astwood Bank then slumped to 54-6, with Norton taking 3-16, before Amber Capewell (27no) saw the visitors across the line.
ECB Midlands League
Oxford 221-6 (E Bath 66no, E Goode 56), Four Oaks Saints 59 (E Noble 5-16).
Charlbury 68 (J Humby 4-12, A Kite 4-20); Astwood Bank 72-6 (E Norton 3-16).
Oxfordshire Midweek League
Freeland 112-5, Oxford University 100-6.
- Jordan Evans stays on at Oxford United to give support in final test
- Oxford United will monitor rivals' scores in final day showdown
- Danny Hylton happy to wait on contract talks until Oxford United's future is decided
- Composure will be key for Oxford United in sprint for the finish, says Michael Appleton
- Gareth Ainsworth aiming for Wycombe to make more memories at Oxford United's expense
- Michael Appleton puts faith in Oxford United injured players to make right call
- Kemar Roofe on a mission to make Oxford United starting line-up
- Oxford United goalkeeper Benji Buchel ready for Wycombe bombardment
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton returns to the saddle at Kingston Blount
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire youngsters reach national finals after dramatic shoot-out