Oxfordshire 50+ suffered their first Group 4 defeat after two wins this season in the ECB 50+ County Championship when they went down by one run in a pulsating finish against Warwickshire 50+ at Kenilworth.
Having bowled and fielded superbly to restrict their hosts to 171-6 from their 45 overs, Alex Cunningham taking 3-30 and Ian Curtis 2-26, Oxon reached the last over needing seven to win with wickets in hand.
When Steve Roberts hit the first ball for four, victory seemed assured.
But two wickets fell, including Cunningham for a top score of 59, as Oxon finished agonisingly short of their target.
Scores: Warwickshire 50+ 171-6 (45 ovs, A Cunningham 3-30), Oxfordshire 50+ 170-6 (45 ovs, A Cunningham 59, P Tew, 38, S Roberts 30).
- Jake Wright: It was a strange feeling facing Oxford United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We let them off the hook, says Michael Appleton after Oxford United defeat
- Kane Hemmings hoping to have reason to celebrate next time he scores
- We won't make excuses, says Chey Dunkley as Oxford United beaten by Sheffield United
- MOTOGP: Bradley Smith ruled out of Silverstone GP
- FOOTBALL: Struggling Oxford City are beaten by Chelmsford City and slip into bottom three
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew seal Division 1 safety despite rain-affected defeat
- CRICKET: Captain Will Eason hails Horspath after Division 2 title triumph
- FOOTBALL: In-form Jamie Cook scores a brace as North Leigh impress in victory