Oxfordshire 50+ suffered their first Group 4 defeat after two wins this season in the ECB 50+ County Championship when they went down by one run in a pulsating finish against Warwickshire 50+ at Kenilworth.
Having bowled and fielded superbly to restrict their hosts to 171-6 from their 45 overs, Alex Cunningham taking 3-30 and Ian Curtis 2-26, Oxon reached the last over needing seven to win with wickets in hand.
When Steve Roberts hit the first ball for four, victory seemed assured.
But two wickets fell, including Cunningham for a top score of 59, as Oxon finished agonisingly short of their target.
Scores: Warwickshire 50+ 171-6 (45 ovs, A Cunningham 3-30), Oxfordshire 50+ 170-6 (45 ovs, A Cunningham 59, P Tew, 38, S Roberts 30).
- Arsenal youngster Dan Crowley joins Oxford United on a season-long loan
- Oxford United arrange second game for pre-season trip to Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales set to break new ground at Kassam Stadium
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter thrilled by Wimbledon call
- CRICKET: Vice-captain Jonny Cater backs Oxfordshire to end poor run in Unicorns Counties Championship
- RUGBY UNION: Bevon Armitage has high hopes after signing for Chinnor
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew captain Andy Harris delighted by Joe Thomas form
- CRICKET: John Barrett hails Oxford's quality ahead of Thame Town derby
- TENNIS: Ustic saves match points on way to maiden title
- ROWING: Oxon crews reign at damp Reading regatta