Oxfordshire 50+ suffered their first Group 4 defeat after two wins this season in the ECB 50+ County Championship when they went down by one run in a pulsating finish against Warwickshire 50+ at Kenilworth.
Having bowled and fielded superbly to restrict their hosts to 171-6 from their 45 overs, Alex Cunningham taking 3-30 and Ian Curtis 2-26, Oxon reached the last over needing seven to win with wickets in hand.
When Steve Roberts hit the first ball for four, victory seemed assured.
But two wickets fell, including Cunningham for a top score of 59, as Oxon finished agonisingly short of their target.
Scores: Warwickshire 50+ 171-6 (45 ovs, A Cunningham 3-30), Oxfordshire 50+ 170-6 (45 ovs, A Cunningham 59, P Tew, 38, S Roberts 30).
- Update: Former Oxford United teammates make glowing tribute to 'leader' Paul McCarthy
- Chris Maguire urges Oxford United to use agonising FA Cup defeat as play-off spur
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton disappointed by soft goals conceded at Middlesbrough
- John Lundstram humbled by massive Oxford United following at Riverside Stadium
- Aitor Karanka relieved after Middlesbrough edge past Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Lee Henderson heads Oxford City to victory over Hemel Hempstead Town
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town earn draw and Kidlington win, but North Leigh and Wantage Town suffer defeats
- FOOTBALL: George Nash earns Banbury United a point, but draw hampers play-off bid
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 18-19