Oxfordshire 50+ suffered their first Group 4 defeat after two wins this season in the ECB 50+ County Championship when they went down by one run in a pulsating finish against Warwickshire 50+ at Kenilworth.
Having bowled and fielded superbly to restrict their hosts to 171-6 from their 45 overs, Alex Cunningham taking 3-30 and Ian Curtis 2-26, Oxon reached the last over needing seven to win with wickets in hand.
When Steve Roberts hit the first ball for four, victory seemed assured.
But two wickets fell, including Cunningham for a top score of 59, as Oxon finished agonisingly short of their target.
Scores: Warwickshire 50+ 171-6 (45 ovs, A Cunningham 3-30), Oxfordshire 50+ 170-6 (45 ovs, A Cunningham 59, P Tew, 38, S Roberts 30).
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- Liam Sercombe a step closer to Oxford United departure
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars part company with head coach Simon Anderson
- POINT-TO-POINT: Lisa O'Neill backing Ireland to stop the rot in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City reveal bumper pre-season programme
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell eyes putting improvements ahead of US Open qualifying
- TENNIS: North Oxford extend super streak to keep promotion push on track
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League preview
- POINT-TO-POINT: Will Biddick does not expect home advantage to help Great Britain in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer