Woodstock Ladies are Aegon County League Division 1 champions after an 8-4 win over Blewbury & Cholsey.
Taysie Gujral and Liz Gilkes won both singles and doubles, while Rachael Moon trium-phed in the singles to seal it. They now face a play-off for a regional division place.
Abingdon top the men’s division after a controversial win over North Oxford, who lost points for accidentally playing out of ratings order.
North Oxford’s men boosted their regional division promotion chances with a 12-0 home win against Caversham.
Meanwhile, Virgin Active ladies moved top of Division 1 of the OLTA Wilson Summer League with a 3-1 win against Oxford City.
Div 1: Banbury 4, Wantage 0; Cholsey 4, Wantage B 0; North Oxford 2, Oxford Sports 2; Virgin Active 3, Oxford City 1. Div 2: Benson 2, Banbury WE 2. Div 3: Abingdon 3, Mapledurham 1; North Oxford C 1, Woodstock B 3; Oxford Sports B 0, Witney 4.
Div 2: Abingdon 2, Thame 2; North Oxford B 3, Woodstock B 1; Oxford City 4, Wantage 0; Oxford Sports B 0, Norham Gardens 4. Div 3: Wychwoods 2, Bicester 2.
In other news, the Chief Executive of the Lawn Tennis Association Michael Downey has held talks with Oxford City Council to discuss ways to make the sport more accessible to local players.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton delighted at four-midable Oxford United display
- Ryan Ledson overjoyed at breaking his duck in Oxford United victory
- FOOTBALL: Conor McDonagh’s double shoots Banbury United into play-off spots
- FOOTBALL: Depleted North Leigh battle hard for a draw at Evesham
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory at Rochdale
- Oxford United's win at Rochdale made amends for setbacks at AFC Wimbledon and Port Vale - Michael Appleton
- RUGBY UNION: Conor Kearns elected Oxford University captain
- Rochdale 0, Oxford United 4 (Johnson 18, Hall 29, Taylor 53, Ledson 73)
- UPDATES - Rochdale v Oxford United
- Oxford United handed boost with key Rochdale defender serving suspension