OXFORDSHIRE’S Lawrence Clarke went second in this year’s UK 110m hurdles rankings after finishing third at the FBK Games.
The 24-year-old, from Christmas Common, recorded a season’s best time of 13.41secs at yesterday’s IAAF World Challenge meeting in Hengelo, Netherlands.
William Sharman, the UK No 1, took victory in 13.32, with China’s Wenjun Xie second in 13.39.
Oxford City’s Hannah England finished ninth in the women’s 1,500m, also in a season’s best time.
England recorded 4mins 5.27secs in a race won by home athlete Sifan Hassan (4.01.79) ahead of Britain’s Laura Muir (4.02.91).
She tweeted: “Pretty pleased with a SB of 4.05 tonight, hopefully things will continue to get faster :) relieved to get the Euro champs standard too!”
With that performance, England rose to third in the 2014 UK rankings, behind Muir and Laura Weightman (4.02.72).
Meanwhile, England’s Oxford City clubmate Nathan Douglas finished 11th and last in the triple jump at the Mohammed VI d’Athletisme in Marrakech.
Douglas’s only legal leap of 14.96m was well his below his 2014 best of 16.65.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities