Veteran spinner Shaun Miller was the star of the show as Shipton-under-Wychwood upset the formbook to beat high-riding hosts Finchampstead in a shortened Home Counties Premier League Division 2 match on Saturday.
Miller returned the superb figures of 3-9 in 6.3 overs as Shipton, who were bottom of the table, recorded their first win of the season by 25 runs.
In a match reduced to 34 overs per side, Shipton struggled to impose themselves after choosing to bat first.
Six of their first seven batsmen reached double figures, but none got to 20 against a tidy Finchampstead attack.
They were bowled out for 115 in 32.4 overs.
Tipene Friday returned the home side’s best figures of 2-19 in 5.4 overs, while there were two run outs.
Finchampstead’s innings followed a similar pattern, with a top score of 19, while there were three run outs, including two top-five batsmen in Andrew House and William Rogers.
The match was still in the balance when spin-king Miller came on.
But the left-armer struck three crucial blows before the home side were all out for 90 in the 28th over, the final wicket falling to another run out to see Shipton home.
Latest Sport news
- Barnet 3 (Weston 7, Akinde 11 & pen 66), Oxford United 3 (Thomas 43 & 46, Crowley 81)
- LIVE -Barnet v Oxford United
- Oxford United prepared for physical test in final pre-season friendly at Barnet
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City lose Marlon Jackson to Newport County
- FOOTBALL: Manager Les Taylor confident Oxford United women will rise to big occasion
- SWIMMING: Emily Nisbet wins medals in Scottish Championships
- ANGLING: Ian Young wins Oxford Summer League on low-scoring day
- MARTIAL ARTS: Katie Franks lands three world titles
- MOTORVRACING: Valtteri Bottas eyes strong showing for Williams in Germany
- CRICKET: Horspath youngsters make it a hat-trick of titles