Veteran spinner Shaun Miller was the star of the show as Shipton-under-Wychwood upset the formbook to beat high-riding hosts Finchampstead in a shortened Home Counties Premier League Division 2 match on Saturday.
Miller returned the superb figures of 3-9 in 6.3 overs as Shipton, who were bottom of the table, recorded their first win of the season by 25 runs.
In a match reduced to 34 overs per side, Shipton struggled to impose themselves after choosing to bat first.
Six of their first seven batsmen reached double figures, but none got to 20 against a tidy Finchampstead attack.
They were bowled out for 115 in 32.4 overs.
Tipene Friday returned the home side’s best figures of 2-19 in 5.4 overs, while there were two run outs.
Finchampstead’s innings followed a similar pattern, with a top score of 19, while there were three run outs, including two top-five batsmen in Andrew House and William Rogers.
The match was still in the balance when spin-king Miller came on.
But the left-armer struck three crucial blows before the home side were all out for 90 in the 28th over, the final wicket falling to another run out to see Shipton home.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth
- RUGBY UNION: Witney’s winning start in South West 1 East comes to abrupt end
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton