Veteran spinner Shaun Miller was the star of the show as Shipton-under-Wychwood upset the formbook to beat high-riding hosts Finchampstead in a shortened Home Counties Premier League Division 2 match on Saturday.
Miller returned the superb figures of 3-9 in 6.3 overs as Shipton, who were bottom of the table, recorded their first win of the season by 25 runs.
In a match reduced to 34 overs per side, Shipton struggled to impose themselves after choosing to bat first.
Six of their first seven batsmen reached double figures, but none got to 20 against a tidy Finchampstead attack.
They were bowled out for 115 in 32.4 overs.
Tipene Friday returned the home side’s best figures of 2-19 in 5.4 overs, while there were two run outs.
Finchampstead’s innings followed a similar pattern, with a top score of 19, while there were three run outs, including two top-five batsmen in Andrew House and William Rogers.
The match was still in the balance when spin-king Miller came on.
But the left-armer struck three crucial blows before the home side were all out for 90 in the 28th over, the final wicket falling to another run out to see Shipton home.
Latest Sport news
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- Liam Sercombe a step closer to Oxford United departure
- POINT-TO-POINT: Lisa O'Neill backing Ireland to stop the rot in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City reveal bumper pre-season programme
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell eyes putting improvements ahead of US Open qualifying
- TENNIS: North Oxford extend super streak to keep promotion push on track
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League preview
- POINT-TO-POINT: Will Biddick does not expect home advantage to help Great Britain in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton