Veteran spinner Shaun Miller was the star of the show as Shipton-under-Wychwood upset the formbook to beat high-riding hosts Finchampstead in a shortened Home Counties Premier League Division 2 match on Saturday.
Miller returned the superb figures of 3-9 in 6.3 overs as Shipton, who were bottom of the table, recorded their first win of the season by 25 runs.
In a match reduced to 34 overs per side, Shipton struggled to impose themselves after choosing to bat first.
Six of their first seven batsmen reached double figures, but none got to 20 against a tidy Finchampstead attack.
They were bowled out for 115 in 32.4 overs.
Tipene Friday returned the home side’s best figures of 2-19 in 5.4 overs, while there were two run outs.
Finchampstead’s innings followed a similar pattern, with a top score of 19, while there were three run outs, including two top-five batsmen in Andrew House and William Rogers.
The match was still in the balance when spin-king Miller came on.
But the left-armer struck three crucial blows before the home side were all out for 90 in the 28th over, the final wicket falling to another run out to see Shipton home.
Latest Sport news
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands