HORSPATH Hammers secured a 93-84 home victory over Poole Comets on their return to Elite League action after a five-week break.
Although both sides were below full strength, Hammers stayed unbeaten, but were pushed hard, leading by just two points after five heats.
Zac Payne and Mark Boaler claimed Horspath’s first 7-3 of the day over Greg Glucowsky and Ben Donuhue.
Another 7-3 in heat 10 from Boaler and Wayne Hutt put Horspath 55-45 ahead.
The visitors struck back in heat 12 when Glucowsky and Donuhue picked up a 6-4 win.
Horspath always had their noses ahead, but Poole managed a 6-3 via from Aaron Morgan and Glucowsky in the penultimate heat.
Horspath 93 (M Boaler 15, L Nowaki 14+2, L Osborne 14, Z Payne 13+2, W Hutt 13+2, C Timms 9, A Johnson 8+1, L.Osborne 7).
Poole 84 (G Wheeler 18+1, G Glucowsky 18, D Hook 15, A Moorgan 7+1, W Bristow 7, H Chant 7, D Murphy 6+1, B Donuhue 5).
POOLE bounced back to win the combination match 91-73.
Horspath’s Zac Payne and Andy Johnson plus Poole’s Will Bristow and Hayden Chant doubled up, so both teams incurred penalties.
Young Horspath riders Nathan Loveridge and Owen Johnson impressed, but they could not stop their side losing by 18 points.
Horspath 73 (A Johnson 16, J Richardson 13, Z Payne 12, G Horsley 7, N Loveridge 5, O Johnson 5).
Poole 91 (L Arms 14+1, C Albin 14+1, P Chant 12+2, H Chant 11, W Bristow 10, J Brings 9+2).
Latest Sport news
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback