OXFORD RL expect a stern test when in-form Gateshead Thunder visit on Sunday.
Tony Benson’s side slipped into the bottom three following a 32-12 defeat at Kingstone Press Championship One leaders Hunslet Hawks last weekend.
The visitors impressed in large parts of the game and led 12-6 at half-time, before falling away.
Bouncing back will be easier said than done, with Gateshead climbing the table after winning three of their last four games.
Benson, Oxford’s coach, said: “I’m gutted we didn’t win on Sunday as we put ourselves in a really good position to win the game.
“I’m proud of how the lads performed and we will be looking to put things right on Sunday.
“Gateshead have been on a good run of form and we know that it will be a difficult test for us.”
Valu Bentley (knee), Andrew Hoggins (knee), Sam Blaney (hip) and Jimmy Rowland (hamstring) are set for late fitness tests.
Chris Clarke (rib) definitely misses out, but Karl Temata should make his home debut.
Oxford RL squad: Baird, Benson, Bentley, Blaney, Briggs, Brooker, Connick, Crabtree, Davies, Ellison, Evans, Hadden, Hayles, Hoggins, S.Morris, Mulkeen, Osborn, Rowland, Rice, Sharratt, Temata, Thompson, Newton, Winfield.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe on a mission to make Oxford United starting line-up
- Oxford United will monitor rivals' scores in final day showdown
- Danny Hylton happy to wait on contract talks until Oxford United's future is decided
- Composure will be key for Oxford United in sprint for the finish, says Michael Appleton
- Gareth Ainsworth aiming for Wycombe to make more memories at Oxford United's expense
- Michael Appleton puts faith in Oxford United injured players to make right call
- Oxford United goalkeeper Benji Buchel ready for Wycombe bombardment
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton returns to the saddle at Kingston Blount
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire youngsters reach national finals after dramatic shoot-out
- CRICKET: No knee-jerk reactions for Oxfordshire, says captain Luke Ryan