Big hits are guaranteed at Heathfield Park this weekend as it hosts the latest round of the Long Drivers European Tour.
The venue at Bletchingdon, which was officially opened last November, has been selected for the LDET’s first visit to the UK.
It comes a week after the second round of the season, when Englishman Joe Miller won the final in Karben, Germany, with a drive of 374.6 yards.
A group of 16 qualifiers will take part in the knockout event from 3pm on Saturday.
They will be paired together and hit six balls each. The player with the longest ball in bounds will progress to the next round until only a champion is crowned.
The event begins on Friday evening with the qualifying rounds of the amateur event, while there are also competitions for ladies and juniors.
Latest Sport news
- Conor McAleny delighted to get off mark by firing Oxford United to win at Charlton Athletic
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must forget FA Cup and make most of game in hand at Charlton Athletic
- Michael Appleton: We must be 'clever' to solve Oxford United's selection jigsaw
- FOOTBALL: Steve Roberts strikes twice as Heyford Athletic beat Cropredy
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- RUGBY UNION: Second-half show guides leaders Chinnor to vital victory as Henley Hawks also triumph
- HOCKEY: Lucy Stewart’s super double secures comeback victory for Oxford Hawks
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins complete double over Banbury, while Witney and Grove also taste victory