Oxford’s Andrew Triggs Hodge led Great Britain to gold in the men’s four after a blistering performance in Belgrade yesterday.
Partnered by Alex Gregory, George Nash and Mohamed Sbihi, the British crew led from start to finish to take victory in a European best time of 5mins, 46.86 secs.
Triggs Hodge said: “We have a lot of power in that boat and we’ve been working on harnessing that technically.”
Polly Swann, from Henley’s Leander club, and Helen Glover added the European title to their World gold of 2013 in the women’s pair in a championship best time.
Henley’s Peter Lambert teamed up with Graeme Thomas, Sam Townsend and Charles Cousins, to take silver in the men’s quadruple scull.
Brothers Peter and Richard Chambers, both former Oxford Brookes University students, linked up with Mark Aldred and Chris Bartley to take silver in the lightweight men’s four.
Oxford Blue Pete Reed, Henley’s Will Satch and Oxford Brookes University pair Scott Durant and Matthew Tarrant combined with Phil Congdon, Oliver Cook, Matthew Gotrel, and James Foad to win bronze in the men’s eight.
Oxford duo Katie Greves and Olivia Carnegie-Brown took silver in the women’s eight.
They were in a crew along with the Leander trio of Rosamund Bradbury, Louisa Reeve and cox Zoe de Toldeo, plus Jessica Eddie, Donna Etiebet, Zoe Lee and Caragh McMurty.
Wheatley’s Frances Houghton finished fifth with Victoria Thornley in the women’s double skull.
GB Rowing Team Performance Director, Sir David Tanner was delighted by the performances of the team.
“The strongest thing is how our team has progressed through the championships,” he said.
“We came here needing a bit of a spring clean and I think the rowers have stepped up wonderfully taking some medals that didn’t seem to be quite there on Friday.
“We can go away and be pleased with our first significant European challenge.”
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Millwall
- Millwall 0, Oxford United 3 (McAleny 6 & 8, Ruffels 71)
- UPDATES - Millwall v Oxford United
- Joe Rothwell hoping to silence Millwall fans in Oxford United's last away match of season
- Oxford United must be ready to roll up sleeves and battle for everything at Millwall, says boss Michael Appleton
- SHOW JUMPING: Bicester-based girls shine in leading pony show
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We've enjoyed some great moments on our away days this season
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Matt Chapman delighted to score points on his debut
- MOTORSPORT: KTM are on learning curve in United States admits Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith
- BILLIARDS: Lewis Moss & Connor Jones win pairs final