Oxford’s Andrew Triggs Hodge led Great Britain to gold in the men’s four after a blistering performance in Belgrade yesterday.
Partnered by Alex Gregory, George Nash and Mohamed Sbihi, the British crew led from start to finish to take victory in a European best time of 5mins, 46.86 secs.
Triggs Hodge said: “We have a lot of power in that boat and we’ve been working on harnessing that technically.”
Polly Swann, from Henley’s Leander club, and Helen Glover added the European title to their World gold of 2013 in the women’s pair in a championship best time.
Henley’s Peter Lambert teamed up with Graeme Thomas, Sam Townsend and Charles Cousins, to take silver in the men’s quadruple scull.
Brothers Peter and Richard Chambers, both former Oxford Brookes University students, linked up with Mark Aldred and Chris Bartley to take silver in the lightweight men’s four.
Oxford Blue Pete Reed, Henley’s Will Satch and Oxford Brookes University pair Scott Durant and Matthew Tarrant combined with Phil Congdon, Oliver Cook, Matthew Gotrel, and James Foad to win bronze in the men’s eight.
Oxford duo Katie Greves and Olivia Carnegie-Brown took silver in the women’s eight.
They were in a crew along with the Leander trio of Rosamund Bradbury, Louisa Reeve and cox Zoe de Toldeo, plus Jessica Eddie, Donna Etiebet, Zoe Lee and Caragh McMurty.
Wheatley’s Frances Houghton finished fifth with Victoria Thornley in the women’s double skull.
GB Rowing Team Performance Director, Sir David Tanner was delighted by the performances of the team.
“The strongest thing is how our team has progressed through the championships,” he said.
“We came here needing a bit of a spring clean and I think the rowers have stepped up wonderfully taking some medals that didn’t seem to be quite there on Friday.
“We can go away and be pleased with our first significant European challenge.”
Latest Sport news
- Joe Rothwell positive despite Oxford United's EFL Cup defeat
- CRICKET: Oxford Downs on brink of Cherwell League top-flight return after winning thriller against Nondies
- AUNT SALLY: Brilliant Kevin Giles impresses with 17-doll haul as Gladiators A ease to victory
- CRICKET: Minster Lovell win double-header for pole position in OCA League Division 1 title race
- Oxford United 2 (Thomas 28, Crowley 90+4), Brighton & HA 4 (Adekugbe 2, LuaLua 76, Manu 81, Hemed 85)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Brighton?
- Oxford Utd v Brighton & HA - LIVE
- Oxford United linked with Everton midfielder Ryan Ledson
- Oxford United eye another Championship scalp as Brighton prepare to shuffle their pack
- Michael Appleton: Friendly defeat of more use to Oxford United than Brighton ahead of EFL Cup tie