Wayne Brown will be part of Oxford United’s coaching staff next season after signing a new contract.
The 37-year-old’s existing deal, which was as a player/coach, was due to expire this summer.
He will no longer be part of the playing staff, but has signed a two-year agreement to stay as United’s goalkeeping coach.
U’s head coach Gary Waddock said: “I think Wayne’s done very well and he’s got very good contacts.”
Brown will continue to oversee the development of senior professionals Ryan Clarke and Max Crocombe, but is also believed to be keen to make improvements in the goalkeeping department.
Latest United news:
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- Toni Martinez eyes West Ham first team after returning from Oxford United loan spell
- Former Oxford United loanee Toni Martinez praised by West Ham under 23 boss after scoring twice on return
- Five players to leave Oxford United - but club not ready to reveal futures of Chris Maguire and Chey Dunkley
- Goalkeeper Scott Shearer puts pen to paper as Oxford United secure first summer signing