Adam Spaul, from Bicester Triathlon Club, excelled in an unexpected duathlon in the Bedford Priory Sprint.
The event consisted of a 2.5km run and a 5km bike ride, after the swimming had to be cancelled due to blue algae in the water.
With an overall time of 1hr 7mins 49secs, Spaul finished second overall and first in his age category.
Fellow club member Ali Nuttall completed the Lough Cutra Castle Triathlon in Ireland, consisting of a 1500m swim, a 27-mile bike and a 10km, in a time of 3.20.10.
Bicester’s Mick Thorne completed the Bayer Newbury multi-terrain 10k in a time 49.27.
Latest Sport news
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- CRICKET: Shaun Cross takes four as Shipton cruise into last 16 of Davidstow Village Cup
- ATHLETICS: Clarke books ticket to Rio Olympics and vows best is yet to come
- ATHLETICS: Douglas claims British triple jump title, but yet to seal place to Rio
- WEEKEND RESULTS June 25 & 26
- CRICKET: Samad Fallah takes seven as Oxford rout Gerrards Cross
- ATHLETICS: Ennis delighted to reach 200m final
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton