Adam Spaul, from Bicester Triathlon Club, excelled in an unexpected duathlon in the Bedford Priory Sprint.
The event consisted of a 2.5km run and a 5km bike ride, after the swimming had to be cancelled due to blue algae in the water.
With an overall time of 1hr 7mins 49secs, Spaul finished second overall and first in his age category.
Fellow club member Ali Nuttall completed the Lough Cutra Castle Triathlon in Ireland, consisting of a 1500m swim, a 27-mile bike and a 10km, in a time of 3.20.10.
Bicester’s Mick Thorne completed the Bayer Newbury multi-terrain 10k in a time 49.27.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's Callum O'Dowda makes senior Ireland debut but misses out on Euro 2016 squad
- Danny Hylton rejects Oxford United to join Luton Town
- Johnny Mullins signs for Luton Town following release by Oxford United
- Oxford United youngsters Jack Stevens and Miles Welch-Hayes sign professional contracts
- Michael Appleton to hold 'honest conversations' with Oxford United's four goalkeepers
- Oxford United to cover fewer miles in League One next season
- FOOTBALL: New manager John Brough had 'long admired' North Leigh
- FOOTBALL: Manager Enrique Guillen salutes Oxford City Lions after FA Futsal Cup triumph
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United captain Andy Gunn takes top honour at awards night
- FOOTBALL: April England fires Oxford City to Southern Region Women's League Cup title