Adam Spaul, from Bicester Triathlon Club, excelled in an unexpected duathlon in the Bedford Priory Sprint.
The event consisted of a 2.5km run and a 5km bike ride, after the swimming had to be cancelled due to blue algae in the water.
With an overall time of 1hr 7mins 49secs, Spaul finished second overall and first in his age category.
Fellow club member Ali Nuttall completed the Lough Cutra Castle Triathlon in Ireland, consisting of a 1500m swim, a 27-mile bike and a 10km, in a time of 3.20.10.
Bicester’s Mick Thorne completed the Bayer Newbury multi-terrain 10k in a time 49.27.
Latest Sport news
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Q Zone A stretch lead in Oxford League to three points
- ANGLING: Martin Robinson lands Fair Rosamund Trophy