Adam Spaul, from Bicester Triathlon Club, excelled in an unexpected duathlon in the Bedford Priory Sprint.
The event consisted of a 2.5km run and a 5km bike ride, after the swimming had to be cancelled due to blue algae in the water.
With an overall time of 1hr 7mins 49secs, Spaul finished second overall and first in his age category.
Fellow club member Ali Nuttall completed the Lough Cutra Castle Triathlon in Ireland, consisting of a 1500m swim, a 27-mile bike and a 10km, in a time of 3.20.10.
Bicester’s Mick Thorne completed the Bayer Newbury multi-terrain 10k in a time 49.27.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe on a mission to make Oxford United starting line-up
- Composure will be key for Oxford United in sprint for the finish, says Michael Appleton
- Gareth Ainsworth aiming for Wycombe to make more memories at Oxford United's expense
- Michael Appleton puts faith in Oxford United injured players to make right call
- Oxford United goalkeeper Benji Buchel ready for Wycombe bombardment
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton returns to the saddle at Kingston Blount
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire youngsters reach national finals after dramatic shoot-out
- CRICKET: No knee-jerk reactions for Oxfordshire, says captain Luke Ryan
- CRICKET: Lloyd Sabin ready to lead Banbury in Division 1 of Home Counties Premier League
- CRICKET: Oxford bidding to bounce back in Home Counties Premier League under new captain John Barrett