Adam Spaul, from Bicester Triathlon Club, excelled in an unexpected duathlon in the Bedford Priory Sprint.
The event consisted of a 2.5km run and a 5km bike ride, after the swimming had to be cancelled due to blue algae in the water.
With an overall time of 1hr 7mins 49secs, Spaul finished second overall and first in his age category.
Fellow club member Ali Nuttall completed the Lough Cutra Castle Triathlon in Ireland, consisting of a 1500m swim, a 27-mile bike and a 10km, in a time of 3.20.10.
Bicester’s Mick Thorne completed the Bayer Newbury multi-terrain 10k in a time 49.27.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory against Bury
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny delighted to send Oxford United to Wembley on a high
- Oxford United fans breathe sigh of relief as goalkeeper Simon Eastwood plays on
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy's double puts Berinsfield in North Berks League Cup final
- FOOTBALL: Liam Godin hits four-timer as KEA reach Junior Shield final
- FOOTBALL: Olly Bush strikes a brace to lead Carterton into the last four
- FOOTBALL: Spot-on Jamie Cook seals dramatic win for North Leigh
- GIRLS FOOTBALL: Oxford City Under 13s clinch league title
- FOOTBALL: Harry Benfield guides Abingdon Youth to Under 15 KO Trophy glory
- FOOTBALL: Kyle Chester in top form as Carterton beat Didcot Town Youth Red