Ben Watson, from the St Birinus Weightlifting Club, Didcot, has been selected in the England team for the Commonwealth Games in July.
The 24-year-old, one of only eight men chosen in the team, will compete in the 105kg category.
He qualified by lifting 335kg in the English Championships in February.
"I'm really pleased as I just missed out on selection for the 2010 Games," he said.
Latest Sport news
- Ex-Oxford United star Jamie Cook proud of career after hanging up football boots to turn attention to golf
- POINT-TO-POINT: Big names jockeys sign up for Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- ROWING: Oxford City's Josie Nash and Eilish Turner-Frick shine in Inter-Regional Championships
- ATHLETICS: Abingdon's Paul Fernandez impresses in London Marathon
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: James Walter’s double earns Oxford Saints their first victory
- ATHLETICS: Banbury Harriers win UK Youth Development League opener
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club close in on Division 1 crown
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Brookes students to host charity sevens tournament
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action