Ben Watson, from the St Birinus Weightlifting Club, Didcot, has been selected in the England team for the Commonwealth Games in July.
The 24-year-old, one of only eight men chosen in the team, will compete in the 105kg category.
He qualified by lifting 335kg in the English Championships in February.
"I'm really pleased as I just missed out on selection for the 2010 Games," he said.
Latest Sport news
- Bolton Wanderers 0, Oxford United 2 (Thomas 81, Maguire 90)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Bolton?
- UPDATES - Bolton Wanderers v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: The players are determined to show their fighting spirit
- Oxford United hoping Kane Hemmings can end unlucky goalscoring record at Bolton Wanderers
- Oxford United are unfazed by away record ahead of Bolton Wanderers trip, says skipper John Lundstram
- MOTOR RACING: Felipe Massa’s hoping rain gods take a break for Malaysian GP
- SWIMMING: Lilia Gilbert steals show with ten-medal haul for Didcot Barramundi
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Jon Bishop's break of 45 guides Thame to victory
- BOXING: South Moreton's Gavin Lissenden defends Queensbury League title