FORMER England and Scotland coach Andy Robinson is one of the best known faces in British rugby.
Having become Bristol’s director of rugby in February 2013, his big-spending side are now favourites to return to the Premiership for the first time since 2009.
Robinson was impressed by London Welsh’s comeback to beat Leeds in the semi-final, but believes Bristol can end their promotion hopes.
He said: “We have confidence in the way we’re trying to play the game – and, if we can get our accuracy right, we can make London Welsh have to defend, and defend well.
“But we’ve got to have the ball in their territory to be able to do that.
“The more I talk about it is not going to help us execute the plans – it’s about delivery of performance from the players throughout the 80 minutes.
“We’ve shown against Rotherham that our performance wasn’t good enough in the first halves – but in the second halves we’ve come through well.”
Wales international No 8 Ryan Jones continues as captain in only his second match for Bristol – a decision Robinson is more than happy with.
“He’s a quality person – we knew that before we signed him, having operated against him at international level,” Robinson said.
“He’s captained his country on many occasions and it adds to his performance.
“It’s part of the reason why Ryan Jones was signed.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United season ticket sales set to break new ground at Kassam Stadium
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter thrilled by Wimbledon call
- CRICKET: Vice-captain Jonny Cater backs Oxfordshire to end poor run in Unicorns Counties Championship
- RUGBY UNION: Bevon Armitage has high hopes after signing for Chinnor
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew captain Andy Harris delighted by Joe Thomas form
- CRICKET: John Barrett hails Oxford's quality ahead of Thame Town derby
- TENNIS: Ustic saves match points on way to maiden title
- ROWING: Oxon crews reign at damp Reading regatta
- ICE HOCKEY: Elliott End set up to honour Oxford City Stars aces
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain