A RECORD 196 players took part in Frilford Heath’s annual Pro-Am event on the Red Course.
The 49 teams were led home by members Paul Smith, Steve Helliwell and Lee Stopps, who played with Frilford’s assisant professional Tom Fleming and finished with a team score of 128.
Luke Briars, from High Wycombe, won the individual professionals competition with 69.
The bumper turn-out helped raise money for Young Dementia, a Witney-based charity which has been selected by this year’s captains Mo Seward and Gordon Neilson.
- THE first tournament of the Five Star Events season was hosted by Tadmarton Heath.
The Liz Harris Cup was won by Clive and Simon Alcock with an excellent better-ball score of 45 points.
Holders Rob Jackson and David Saunders were two points further back, while Ken Heathcote and Dusan Gavrilovic were third on 41.
The event was played in support of charity Special Effects and sponsored by Luxicars and Tyrolit.
The next event will be the Phil Garner Memorial Trophy at Burford on June 27.
- BACK-TO-BACK birdies saw Lee Jackson qualify for the final of the Glenmuir PGA Professional Championship.
Representing North Oxford, his hopes of coming through the regional qualifier at Lambourne were hit by three bogeys on the front nine.
But Jackson picked up shots at the 13th and 14th and his one-over total was good enough for a share of ninth place.
It earned him a place in the final at Blairgowrie, Scotland, on August 5-8.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- ROWING: Zoe de Toledo’s eyeing Olympic gold hunt in Rio
- CRICKET: Abingdon Vale teenager Ben Charlesworth to make Oxfordshire debut against Devon
- CRICKET: Banbury captain Lloyd Sabin delighted with Luke Ryan's form ahead of High Wycombe clash
- CRICKET: Skipper Charlie Brain rallies Shipton-under-Wychwood ahead of Horspath challenge
- ROWING: Duarte bags sculls success
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000
- VIDEO: Watch Oxford United signing Tyler Roberts scoring for West Brom