Eddie Pepperell will be aiming to edge into contention at Wentworth this weekend after weathering tough conditions to comfortably make the cut yesterday.
The 23-year-old from Abingdon battled in heavy rain to card a one-over-par 73 to reach the halfway stage at the BMW PGA Championship two-under-par for a place in the top 25.
While eight shots behind joint leaders Thomas Bjorn and Shane Lowry, the Frilford Heath golfer is within two strokes of the top ten as he tees off today.
It came after an early start for the Frilford Heath golfer, who had to return to the Surrey course and finish off a disrupted first round.
Pepperell had only completed 12 holes when play was suspended and he consolidated a decent start with two birdies and two birdies to round off a three-under-par 69.
It put him in the top 15, but after a brief interlude the second round began with three bogeys in the first five holes.
But a run of pars steadied the ship, before a birdie at the par three tenth got Oxfordshire’s No 1 moving in the right direction.
Another shot was picked up at the 17th to limit the damage and see him start the weekend on two-under, in a group alongside compatriots Lee Westwood and Ian Poulter.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe – changing roles is part of Oxford United adapting to life at the higher level
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United must improve against League One's route one merchants
- Millwall result will determine Oxford United mood for next fortnight, says captain John Lundstram
- Oxford United boss issues warning over dangerous Millwall strikers
- Millwall manager Neil Harris full of respect for 'attack-minded' Oxford United
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- OxVox column: How I ended up building a network of exiles
- FOOTBALL: Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to deliver without suspended captain Scott Davies
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins and Banbury ready to lock horns in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Wantage Town eye good end to tough week ahead of FA Trophy tie at Weymouth