Agrand total of £1,110 was raised for the hospice charity home Sobell House in Oxford by anglers fishing the Ann Malone Memorial Series.
The final match was at Stable Lake, Kirtlington, where carp had started spawning, but were still happy to feed.
Peter Wilson took the hon-ours with 48.12.0 of them on pole, pellet and maggot, while just two ounces separated second and third.
Peter Parry had 42.4.0 and John Fisher 42.2.0 of carp, both using pole and maggot.
The first leg of Sutton Courtenay AC’s Short Mem-orial Series was fished by six anglers, at Phil’s Lake, and was won with a bag of rudd.
Ian Higgins had 6.8.0 of them, while Alan Hewer returned 1.12.0 for second.
The second leg will take place at the same venue on June 1, drawing pegs at 2pm.
Meanwhile, the club are holding a working party at Appleford Reach on Saturday, June 24 (8.30am).
The sixth North Oxford AS Summer Canal Series match was held at Frenchay Road, with the top three all using bread.
Dave Scott-Picton topped the 12-strong field with 8.10.0 of roach and skimmers, followed by Ian Fisher, who also had roach and skimmers for 7.10.0. Mike Watson was third with 5.1.8.
The final match of the series will be at King’s Bridge on June 1.
Oakfield: (Wednesday, Red Kite & Swallow Lakes, 17 fished): 1 B Eddy (Dynamite Oakfield) 134.4.8, 2 D Simons 114.5.8, 3 S Nicholls (Banbury Gunsmiths) 108.9.8.
Oakfield: (Saturday, Red Kite & Swallow Lakes, 32 fished) 1 R Bassett (Banbury Gunsmiths) 125.3.0, 2 D Simons119.12.8, 3 G Thorpe (GOT Baits) 103.6.0.
Oakfield: (Sunday, Swallow Lake, 27 fished) 1 D Stratful (Dynamite Oakfield) 88.13.8, 2 S Hutter 85.1.0, 3 G Thorpe (GOT Baits) 80.3.0
Masons AC: Club match, Laura’s Lake. Draw 8am, fishing 9-3.
FTB Oxford Carp League: 2nd round. Boddington.
Beehive AC: Pairs Cup. Frobury Ponds. Fishing 10-4.
Latest Sport news
- World Cup warm-up games come second to Oxford United's play-off push - Ryan Ledson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell’s off to a steady start in South Africa
- Andy Cook appointed new manager of Oxford United women
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club stretch lead with whitewash win
- MOTORSPORT: Anything’s possible this season, says Renault driver Jolyon Palmer
- ROWING: Former Abingdon School pupil Tom Digby adds to his world record tally
- ICE HOCKEY: Lacklustre Oxford City Stars defeated as Milton Keynes Thunder take quick revenge
- AUNT SALLY: Banbury Cricket Club take Eynsham Winter League title in first season
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Hawks fined for breach of RFU agent rules
- ATHLETICS: Hannah Hale breaks Eynsham club record at Bramley 20