Agrand total of £1,110 was raised for the hospice charity home Sobell House in Oxford by anglers fishing the Ann Malone Memorial Series.
The final match was at Stable Lake, Kirtlington, where carp had started spawning, but were still happy to feed.
Peter Wilson took the hon-ours with 48.12.0 of them on pole, pellet and maggot, while just two ounces separated second and third.
Peter Parry had 42.4.0 and John Fisher 42.2.0 of carp, both using pole and maggot.
The first leg of Sutton Courtenay AC’s Short Mem-orial Series was fished by six anglers, at Phil’s Lake, and was won with a bag of rudd.
Ian Higgins had 6.8.0 of them, while Alan Hewer returned 1.12.0 for second.
The second leg will take place at the same venue on June 1, drawing pegs at 2pm.
Meanwhile, the club are holding a working party at Appleford Reach on Saturday, June 24 (8.30am).
The sixth North Oxford AS Summer Canal Series match was held at Frenchay Road, with the top three all using bread.
Dave Scott-Picton topped the 12-strong field with 8.10.0 of roach and skimmers, followed by Ian Fisher, who also had roach and skimmers for 7.10.0. Mike Watson was third with 5.1.8.
The final match of the series will be at King’s Bridge on June 1.
Oakfield: (Wednesday, Red Kite & Swallow Lakes, 17 fished): 1 B Eddy (Dynamite Oakfield) 134.4.8, 2 D Simons 114.5.8, 3 S Nicholls (Banbury Gunsmiths) 108.9.8.
Oakfield: (Saturday, Red Kite & Swallow Lakes, 32 fished) 1 R Bassett (Banbury Gunsmiths) 125.3.0, 2 D Simons119.12.8, 3 G Thorpe (GOT Baits) 103.6.0.
Oakfield: (Sunday, Swallow Lake, 27 fished) 1 D Stratful (Dynamite Oakfield) 88.13.8, 2 S Hutter 85.1.0, 3 G Thorpe (GOT Baits) 80.3.0
Masons AC: Club match, Laura’s Lake. Draw 8am, fishing 9-3.
FTB Oxford Carp League: 2nd round. Boddington.
Beehive AC: Pairs Cup. Frobury Ponds. Fishing 10-4.
Latest Sport news
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire
- Oxford United young gun Malachi Napa has career immortalised in a comic strip by West Ham
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce stars for Oxfordshire veterans
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby
- ANGLING: Kevin Jeacock takes victory
- TWICKENHAM: Matt Goode to play through the pain as Oxfordshire eye historic victory