Dan Blair led the way with three medals as four of Oxfordshire’s top players enjoyed a productive trip to compete in the Hampshire Under 16 Open.
Blair, from Didcot, opened his account in the boys singles, thrashing Devon’s Will Friar 21-10, 21-13 in the final.
He then teamed up with Brize Norton’s Ben Roberts to claim the boys doubles title, beating Friar and his partner, Andrew Brownlie of Sussex, 21-14, 21-14. Blair could not quite complete a golden hat-trick in Winchester, as he and Kezia Lawson (Benson) had to settle for a silver in the mixed doubles.
They eventually lost a closely-contested final 21-19, 20-22, 21-19 to Dorset’s Jack McGregor and Freya Patel-Redfearn, from Middlesex. Megan Ready, of Long Wittenham, completed the quartet, teaming up with Lawson to win a bronze in the girls doubles.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe gets fitness boost but Oxford United await news on Alex MacDonald scan
- Ryan Taylor is fit and raring to go for Oxford United this season
- WEEKEND RESULTS July 23-24
- CRICKET: George Munsey's super spell steers Division 2 leaders Oxford to derby win over Aston Rowant
- CRICKET: Luke Ryan is the hero as Banbury beat Burnham in Division 1
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas left frustrated at Muller Anniversary Games
- MOTORSPORT: Renault's Jolyon Palmer rues costly spin at Hungarian Grand Prix
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics