Dan Blair led the way with three medals as four of Oxfordshire’s top players enjoyed a productive trip to compete in the Hampshire Under 16 Open.
Blair, from Didcot, opened his account in the boys singles, thrashing Devon’s Will Friar 21-10, 21-13 in the final.
He then teamed up with Brize Norton’s Ben Roberts to claim the boys doubles title, beating Friar and his partner, Andrew Brownlie of Sussex, 21-14, 21-14. Blair could not quite complete a golden hat-trick in Winchester, as he and Kezia Lawson (Benson) had to settle for a silver in the mixed doubles.
They eventually lost a closely-contested final 21-19, 20-22, 21-19 to Dorset’s Jack McGregor and Freya Patel-Redfearn, from Middlesex. Megan Ready, of Long Wittenham, completed the quartet, teaming up with Lawson to win a bronze in the girls doubles.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United run out of time in plans for temporary fourth stand against Wycombe Wanderers
- We have no reason to change preparations, says Oxford United striker Chris Maguire
- FOOTBALL: Oxford Blackbirds crowned Oxford Mail Youth League's Under 12 Division C champions
- Ollie Mersch's superb century for Minster Lovell brushes aside Combe
- Mike Ford hoping to keep star men at Banbury United
- CRICKET: Charlbury's Ashley Rump hammers super 196 not out to batter Radley in OCA
- AUNT SALLY: Barry Townsend so close to a maximum
- FOOTBALL: Berinsfield stay top but North Berks title hopes rest with rivals
- FOOTBALL: Horatio Hirst hammers four-timer as Oxfordshire seal title glory
- FOOTBALL: West Witney beat Carterton Town to boost Witney & District FA title challenge