Dan Blair led the way with three medals as four of Oxfordshire’s top players enjoyed a productive trip to compete in the Hampshire Under 16 Open.
Blair, from Didcot, opened his account in the boys singles, thrashing Devon’s Will Friar 21-10, 21-13 in the final.
He then teamed up with Brize Norton’s Ben Roberts to claim the boys doubles title, beating Friar and his partner, Andrew Brownlie of Sussex, 21-14, 21-14. Blair could not quite complete a golden hat-trick in Winchester, as he and Kezia Lawson (Benson) had to settle for a silver in the mixed doubles.
They eventually lost a closely-contested final 21-19, 20-22, 21-19 to Dorset’s Jack McGregor and Freya Patel-Redfearn, from Middlesex. Megan Ready, of Long Wittenham, completed the quartet, teaming up with Lawson to win a bronze in the girls doubles.
Latest Sport news
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands