Dan Blair led the way with three medals as four of Oxfordshire’s top players enjoyed a productive trip to compete in the Hampshire Under 16 Open.
Blair, from Didcot, opened his account in the boys singles, thrashing Devon’s Will Friar 21-10, 21-13 in the final.
He then teamed up with Brize Norton’s Ben Roberts to claim the boys doubles title, beating Friar and his partner, Andrew Brownlie of Sussex, 21-14, 21-14. Blair could not quite complete a golden hat-trick in Winchester, as he and Kezia Lawson (Benson) had to settle for a silver in the mixed doubles.
They eventually lost a closely-contested final 21-19, 20-22, 21-19 to Dorset’s Jack McGregor and Freya Patel-Redfearn, from Middlesex. Megan Ready, of Long Wittenham, completed the quartet, teaming up with Lawson to win a bronze in the girls doubles.
Latest Sport news
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start
- FOOTBALL Oxford City lose their way on nightmare day as they slip into the bottom two
- WEEKEND RESULTS September 24 & 25
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic
- Charlton boss Russell Slade unhappy with side over Oxford United equaliser
- MOTOR SPORT: Bradley Smith makes speedy recovery to line up in Japan