Dan Blair led the way with three medals as four of Oxfordshire’s top players enjoyed a productive trip to compete in the Hampshire Under 16 Open.
Blair, from Didcot, opened his account in the boys singles, thrashing Devon’s Will Friar 21-10, 21-13 in the final.
He then teamed up with Brize Norton’s Ben Roberts to claim the boys doubles title, beating Friar and his partner, Andrew Brownlie of Sussex, 21-14, 21-14. Blair could not quite complete a golden hat-trick in Winchester, as he and Kezia Lawson (Benson) had to settle for a silver in the mixed doubles.
They eventually lost a closely-contested final 21-19, 20-22, 21-19 to Dorset’s Jack McGregor and Freya Patel-Redfearn, from Middlesex. Megan Ready, of Long Wittenham, completed the quartet, teaming up with Lawson to win a bronze in the girls doubles.
Latest Sport news
- Update: Former Oxford United teammates make glowing tribute to 'leader' Paul McCarthy
- Chris Maguire urges Oxford United to use agonising FA Cup defeat as play-off spur
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton disappointed by soft goals conceded at Middlesbrough
- John Lundstram humbled by massive Oxford United following at Riverside Stadium
- Aitor Karanka relieved after Middlesbrough edge past Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Lee Henderson heads Oxford City to victory over Hemel Hempstead Town
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town earn draw and Kidlington win, but North Leigh and Wantage Town suffer defeats
- FOOTBALL: George Nash earns Banbury United a point, but draw hampers play-off bid
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 18-19