Ben Goodall put thoughts about his exams to one side and passed a different test to claim tumbling gold at Coventry’s Ricoh Arena.
It was the Harwell teenager’s second gold in two outings in the series.
A victory in the opening round at Sheffield in March booked Goodall’s place in the national championships later this year.
So the 15-year-old was using the second event to begin the preparations for the finals, held in Liverpool this September.
The build-up was not ideal, with Goodall having to juggle his time between training and studying for his GCSEs.
But despite being short of top form, he came up trumps against the country’s best tumblers in the 15-16 elite age group.
Pulling together all his strength and energy, he delivered a strong routine in his first run.
It saw the Oxfordshire talent claim the lead and an even better second run secured the overall victory.
The focus now switches to increasing the complexity of his tumble runs in preparation for the British Championships at the end of the summer.
Success there would put him in strong contention for a place at the World Age Group Championships in the USA two months later.
As a non-funded sport, tumbling is not subsidised and with no facilities locally, Goodall travels to Milton Keynes three times a week to train.
Anyone interested in sponsorship should get in touch by emailing Alisongoodall@yahoo.co.uk for more information.
Latest Sport news
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback
- FOOTBALL: Southern League previews for Didcot, Wantage, Kidlington and Banbury