Malcolm Evans starred as Oxfordshire made it two wins from two in Group 4 of the ECB 50+ Championship with a 136-run drubbing of Herefordshire at Challow & Childrey.
The visitors never looked like chasing down Oxon’s imposing 45-over total of 290-6, with their reply drifting to a close at 154-6.
Captain Paul Tew (43) and Darryl Woods (40) got Oxon off to a strong start after they had been inserted, with Alec Cunningham adding 34.
The real fireworks came towards the end when Evans hammered 58 not out off 30 balls.
Evans’s rapid knock featured four sixes and five fours.
After losing early wickets, Herefordshire could not muster up anything near the required run rate.
Left-arm spinner Ian Curtis took 3-14 in eight tight overs.
Although wicketless, Steve Roberts was even more miserly as his nine overs went for just 12 runs.
Oxfordshire will look to maintain their momentum when they face Shropshire at Shrewsbury on Wednesday.
Latest Sport news
- UPDATES - Bolton Wanderers v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: The players are determined to show their fighting spirit
- Oxford United hoping Kane Hemmings can end unlucky goalscoring record at Bolton Wanderers
- Oxford United are unfazed by away record ahead of Bolton Wanderers trip, says skipper John Lundstram
- MOTOR RACING: Felipe Massa’s hoping rain gods take a break for Malaysian GP
- SWIMMING: Lilia Gilbert steals show with ten-medal haul for Didcot Barramundi
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Jon Bishop's break of 45 guides Thame to victory
- BOXING: South Moreton's Gavin Lissenden defends Queensbury League title
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United