Malcolm Evans starred as Oxfordshire made it two wins from two in Group 4 of the ECB 50+ Championship with a 136-run drubbing of Herefordshire at Challow & Childrey.
The visitors never looked like chasing down Oxon’s imposing 45-over total of 290-6, with their reply drifting to a close at 154-6.
Captain Paul Tew (43) and Darryl Woods (40) got Oxon off to a strong start after they had been inserted, with Alec Cunningham adding 34.
The real fireworks came towards the end when Evans hammered 58 not out off 30 balls.
Evans’s rapid knock featured four sixes and five fours.
After losing early wickets, Herefordshire could not muster up anything near the required run rate.
Left-arm spinner Ian Curtis took 3-14 in eight tight overs.
Although wicketless, Steve Roberts was even more miserly as his nine overs went for just 12 runs.
Oxfordshire will look to maintain their momentum when they face Shropshire at Shrewsbury on Wednesday.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Sheffield United
- RACING: Options open for Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Coneygree's return
- Sheffield United 2 (Sharp 65, Wilson 73), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 16)
- LIVE - Sheffield United v Oxford United
- Oxford United forward Chris Maguire eager to keep Sheffield United quiet
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It is crucial we start well to silence the home support
- MOTORSPORT: Williams duo Bottas and Massa ready for Spa test
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire beat Bedfordshire in final to win Wormsley T20
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women's captain Kat Nutman could return at Durham
- CRICKET: Max Smith's super spell speeds Oxford Under 17s to second national title in three years