Malcolm Evans starred as Oxfordshire made it two wins from two in Group 4 of the ECB 50+ Championship with a 136-run drubbing of Herefordshire at Challow & Childrey.
The visitors never looked like chasing down Oxon’s imposing 45-over total of 290-6, with their reply drifting to a close at 154-6.
Captain Paul Tew (43) and Darryl Woods (40) got Oxon off to a strong start after they had been inserted, with Alec Cunningham adding 34.
The real fireworks came towards the end when Evans hammered 58 not out off 30 balls.
Evans’s rapid knock featured four sixes and five fours.
After losing early wickets, Herefordshire could not muster up anything near the required run rate.
Left-arm spinner Ian Curtis took 3-14 in eight tight overs.
Although wicketless, Steve Roberts was even more miserly as his nine overs went for just 12 runs.
Oxfordshire will look to maintain their momentum when they face Shropshire at Shrewsbury on Wednesday.
Latest Sport news
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham news is thrill for Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women looking towards brighter future after finishing bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Josh Atkinson at the double as Oxford beat South Wales Ironmen
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn ready for 'massive opportunity' in England v Scotland Dual
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith proud of KTM progress in MotoGP
- GOLF: Frilford Heath deal with downpour to deliver EuroPro Tour event
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith secures 12th place in France