Malcolm Evans starred as Oxfordshire made it two wins from two in Group 4 of the ECB 50+ Championship with a 136-run drubbing of Herefordshire at Challow & Childrey.
The visitors never looked like chasing down Oxon’s imposing 45-over total of 290-6, with their reply drifting to a close at 154-6.
Captain Paul Tew (43) and Darryl Woods (40) got Oxon off to a strong start after they had been inserted, with Alec Cunningham adding 34.
The real fireworks came towards the end when Evans hammered 58 not out off 30 balls.
Evans’s rapid knock featured four sixes and five fours.
After losing early wickets, Herefordshire could not muster up anything near the required run rate.
Left-arm spinner Ian Curtis took 3-14 in eight tight overs.
Although wicketless, Steve Roberts was even more miserly as his nine overs went for just 12 runs.
Oxfordshire will look to maintain their momentum when they face Shropshire at Shrewsbury on Wednesday.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United v Bury - UPDATES
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must beat Bury tonight or they can forget play-off push
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United players to seize final chance against Bury to push Wembley claims
- FOOTBALL: Summertown Stars reach FA People’s Cup finals
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor’s National League 2 South title bid suffers huge blow but Henley Hawks win
- GOLF: Champions Frilford Heath are whitewashed
- HOCKEY: Mixed emotions as Abingdon Pilgrims bow out with a victory before disbanding
- RUGBY UNION: Defeats for Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Banbury, but Grove triumph
- RUGBY UNION: Gosford All Blacks, Bicester and Wallingford all triumph in Southern Counties North
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford are no match for Whitehaven in cup