Liz Bamber led the way as Oxfordshire over 40s won their opening Division 2A match 6-4 against Scotland West in the Senior County League.
Despite being eligible for the over 60s team, the Bampton player got them off to a good start by winning the opening singles rubber 6-4, 6-0 against Jackie Fullerton.
Juliane Spiers (Faringdon) followed it up with a 6-2, 6-4 success over Lilian Young.
But the Scots hit back to level by coming out on top in the first two doubles matches.
First, Suzi Willis (Witney) and Lisa Morgan (Blewbury) narrowly lost in the final set tie-break, before Helen Bush (Witney) and Spiers went down in straight sets.
The match hinged on the final doubles rubber, where Morgan and Willis won 6-1, 6-3 against Fullerton and Young.
White Horse 12 and under struggled against a West Hants club, which included the top British Under 11 Toby Samuel.
Despite the 12-0 loss, the line-up of Ollie Broadhurst, Ollie Dunn and Will Taylor found it a useful experience.
In the county AEGON men’s league, Abingdon beat Banbury 8-4 to go top of the table at the half-way stage.
Tomorrow marks the start of the week-long Henmans Solicitors Tennis Tournament at Woodstock.
The LTA Grade 4 event has expanded this year to include an adult section.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United to cover fewer miles in League One next season
- FOOTBALL: New manager John Brough had 'long admired' North Leigh
- FOOTBALL: Manager Enrique Guillen salutes Oxford City Lions after FA Futsal Cup triumph
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United captain Andy Gunn takes top honour at awards night
- FOOTBALL: April England fires Oxford City to Southern Region Women's League Cup title
- FOOTBALL: Clanfield 85 Youth crowned champions
- GOLF: Frilford go top despite falling to reigning champions Burford
- DARTS: Stephen Wilkes's classy finish spurs Peachcroft
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe named in League Two team of the year
- Oxford United await decisions from Hylton and Maguire