Liz Bamber led the way as Oxfordshire over 40s won their opening Division 2A match 6-4 against Scotland West in the Senior County League.
Despite being eligible for the over 60s team, the Bampton player got them off to a good start by winning the opening singles rubber 6-4, 6-0 against Jackie Fullerton.
Juliane Spiers (Faringdon) followed it up with a 6-2, 6-4 success over Lilian Young.
But the Scots hit back to level by coming out on top in the first two doubles matches.
First, Suzi Willis (Witney) and Lisa Morgan (Blewbury) narrowly lost in the final set tie-break, before Helen Bush (Witney) and Spiers went down in straight sets.
The match hinged on the final doubles rubber, where Morgan and Willis won 6-1, 6-3 against Fullerton and Young.
White Horse 12 and under struggled against a West Hants club, which included the top British Under 11 Toby Samuel.
Despite the 12-0 loss, the line-up of Ollie Broadhurst, Ollie Dunn and Will Taylor found it a useful experience.
In the county AEGON men’s league, Abingdon beat Banbury 8-4 to go top of the table at the half-way stage.
Tomorrow marks the start of the week-long Henmans Solicitors Tennis Tournament at Woodstock.
The LTA Grade 4 event has expanded this year to include an adult section.
Latest Sport news
- Oxon Senior Cup semi-final between Oxford United and Banbury United is postponed
- Michael Appleton frustrated as errors undermine Oxford United display
- Darryl Eales expects Oxford United to have increased playing budget next season
- Wallingford Town pipped in semi-final
- FOOTBALL: Unbeaten FC Hollybush capture Division 1 title with four games in hand
- YOUTH FOOTBALLChima Iwuchukwu's penalty steers Kennington to cup final glory in Oxford Mail Youth League
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City are beaten but North Leigh triumph
- Oxford United 2 (Hemmings 42, Maguire 75), Bolton Wanderers 4 (Morais 4, Beevers 22, Dunkley og 60, Vela 90+4)
- UPDATES - Oxford United v Bolton Wanderers
- Rob Hall's fired up to deliver for Oxford United against former club Bolton Wanderers