Liz Bamber led the way as Oxfordshire over 40s won their opening Division 2A match 6-4 against Scotland West in the Senior County League.
Despite being eligible for the over 60s team, the Bampton player got them off to a good start by winning the opening singles rubber 6-4, 6-0 against Jackie Fullerton.
Juliane Spiers (Faringdon) followed it up with a 6-2, 6-4 success over Lilian Young.
But the Scots hit back to level by coming out on top in the first two doubles matches.
First, Suzi Willis (Witney) and Lisa Morgan (Blewbury) narrowly lost in the final set tie-break, before Helen Bush (Witney) and Spiers went down in straight sets.
The match hinged on the final doubles rubber, where Morgan and Willis won 6-1, 6-3 against Fullerton and Young.
White Horse 12 and under struggled against a West Hants club, which included the top British Under 11 Toby Samuel.
Despite the 12-0 loss, the line-up of Ollie Broadhurst, Ollie Dunn and Will Taylor found it a useful experience.
In the county AEGON men’s league, Abingdon beat Banbury 8-4 to go top of the table at the half-way stage.
Tomorrow marks the start of the week-long Henmans Solicitors Tennis Tournament at Woodstock.
The LTA Grade 4 event has expanded this year to include an adult section.
Latest Sport news
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- Liam Sercombe a step closer to Oxford United departure
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars part company with head coach Simon Anderson
- POINT-TO-POINT: Lisa O'Neill backing Ireland to stop the rot in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City reveal bumper pre-season programme
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell eyes putting improvements ahead of US Open qualifying
- TENNIS: North Oxford extend super streak to keep promotion push on track
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League preview
- POINT-TO-POINT: Will Biddick does not expect home advantage to help Great Britain in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer