Rich Harrison ruled the roost to win the Harwick 10 time trial in testing windy conditions.
The Oxford City rider (pictured) clocked 22mins 19secs, ahead of Oxonian’s Malcolm Rose (22.31) and Tom Yeatman (Micky Cranks), who crossed the line in 22.43.
It kept Harrison top of the Blue Riband competition, while Martin Prior (Oxo) leads the SPOCO (Sporting Course) points table and Rose is the overall Beeline League table leader.
Times should be even quicker at next week’s race, held on the fast course at Southmoor.
Latest Sport news
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire
- Oxford United young gun Malachi Napa has career immortalised in a comic strip by West Ham
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce stars for Oxfordshire veterans
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby
- ANGLING: Kevin Jeacock takes victory
- TWICKENHAM: Matt Goode to play through the pain as Oxfordshire eye historic victory
- BOXING: Joe Gaul and Keenan Dallimore taste success