Rich Harrison ruled the roost to win the Harwick 10 time trial in testing windy conditions.
The Oxford City rider (pictured) clocked 22mins 19secs, ahead of Oxonian’s Malcolm Rose (22.31) and Tom Yeatman (Micky Cranks), who crossed the line in 22.43.
It kept Harrison top of the Blue Riband competition, while Martin Prior (Oxo) leads the SPOCO (Sporting Course) points table and Rose is the overall Beeline League table leader.
Times should be even quicker at next week’s race, held on the fast course at Southmoor.
Latest Sport news
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- GOLF: Steady Eddie Pepperell gets off to solid start at the French Open
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve