Rich Harrison ruled the roost to win the Harwick 10 time trial in testing windy conditions.
The Oxford City rider (pictured) clocked 22mins 19secs, ahead of Oxonian’s Malcolm Rose (22.31) and Tom Yeatman (Micky Cranks), who crossed the line in 22.43.
It kept Harrison top of the Blue Riband competition, while Martin Prior (Oxo) leads the SPOCO (Sporting Course) points table and Rose is the overall Beeline League table leader.
Times should be even quicker at next week’s race, held on the fast course at Southmoor.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United knocked out of FA Youth Cup by Bristol Rovers in first round
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later