West Oxford Democrats Club were crowned Johnson Buildbase Oxford League Section 1 champions after picking up the two points they required in a 3-2 defeat at Didcot Conservative Club, writes PETE EWINS.
Terry Green (3,560) and John Patey (5,570), who also picked up the most wins award, were on target for Democrats.
Dennis Atkins (10,280), Stuart Florey (7,040) and Jenny Florey (3,500) gave Didcot victory on the night.
Berinsfield Club sneaked in for runners-up spot despite losing 4-1 at Vikings Club, who finish second in the Premier Section.
Gladiators B 3, Headington Con Club 2; Marlborough 3, Kennington 2; Masons B 2, Gladiators A 3; Vikings 4, Berinsfield 1; Didcot Con Club 3, West Oxford Democrats 2.
League Cup semi-finals: Masons A v Vikings (at West Oxford Democrats), Berinsfield v Gladiators A (at Kennington).
Plate semi-finals: Didcot Con Club v Kennington (at Headington Con Club), Marlborough v Gladiators B (at Berinsfield).
THE annual finals and presentation night is at the Gladiators Club on May 31.
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve
- ATHLETICS: Paul Fernandez wins Thame 10k
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1