West Oxford Democrats Club were crowned Johnson Buildbase Oxford League Section 1 champions after picking up the two points they required in a 3-2 defeat at Didcot Conservative Club, writes PETE EWINS.
Terry Green (3,560) and John Patey (5,570), who also picked up the most wins award, were on target for Democrats.
Dennis Atkins (10,280), Stuart Florey (7,040) and Jenny Florey (3,500) gave Didcot victory on the night.
Berinsfield Club sneaked in for runners-up spot despite losing 4-1 at Vikings Club, who finish second in the Premier Section.
Gladiators B 3, Headington Con Club 2; Marlborough 3, Kennington 2; Masons B 2, Gladiators A 3; Vikings 4, Berinsfield 1; Didcot Con Club 3, West Oxford Democrats 2.
League Cup semi-finals: Masons A v Vikings (at West Oxford Democrats), Berinsfield v Gladiators A (at Kennington).
Plate semi-finals: Didcot Con Club v Kennington (at Headington Con Club), Marlborough v Gladiators B (at Berinsfield).
THE annual finals and presentation night is at the Gladiators Club on May 31.
- No distractions for Oxford United as Michael Appleton only has eyes on Northampton Town clash
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales was aware of Juan Sartori's visit, says Stewart Donald
- Joe Rothwell bidding to shine for Oxford United in final Wembley audition
- Danny Higginbotham thrilled to see fellow Manchester United player Michael Appleton thrive as Oxford United head coach
- Oxford United to play it safe as John Lundstram must prove his fitness
- Josh Ruffels aims to grab big chance at Oxford United in Ryan Ledson's absence
- Teenager Canice Carroll earmarked for Oxford United role in final month
- Oxford United clash is 'huge' as Northampton Town seek to confirm safety from relegation
- MOTORSPORT: Oxfordshire's Formula 1 teams endure mixed results in Melbourne practice
- CRICKET: Former Oxfordshire batsman Martyn Lloyd dies at 62