West Oxford Democrats Club were crowned Johnson Buildbase Oxford League Section 1 champions after picking up the two points they required in a 3-2 defeat at Didcot Conservative Club, writes PETE EWINS.
Terry Green (3,560) and John Patey (5,570), who also picked up the most wins award, were on target for Democrats.
Dennis Atkins (10,280), Stuart Florey (7,040) and Jenny Florey (3,500) gave Didcot victory on the night.
Berinsfield Club sneaked in for runners-up spot despite losing 4-1 at Vikings Club, who finish second in the Premier Section.
Gladiators B 3, Headington Con Club 2; Marlborough 3, Kennington 2; Masons B 2, Gladiators A 3; Vikings 4, Berinsfield 1; Didcot Con Club 3, West Oxford Democrats 2.
League Cup semi-finals: Masons A v Vikings (at West Oxford Democrats), Berinsfield v Gladiators A (at Kennington).
Plate semi-finals: Didcot Con Club v Kennington (at Headington Con Club), Marlborough v Gladiators B (at Berinsfield).
THE annual finals and presentation night is at the Gladiators Club on May 31.
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands