LONDON Welsh scrum half Tyson Keats will miss the Greene King IPA Championship play-off final after being ruled out for six months with an Achilles injury.
He went off injured in the first half of the Exiles’ semi-final second-leg victory over Leeds Carnegie on Sunday.
He tweeted: “Thank you all for the fantastic messages of support. “Gutted I can’t be apart of the final but I’m still so excited for it. What a team!”
Chris Cook, who replaced Keats against Leeds, is now likely to start the first leg of the final against Bristol at the Kassam Stadium on Wednesday, May 28.
Latest Sport news
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Douglas claims British triple jump title, but yet to seal place to Rio
- WEEKEND RESULTS June 25 & 26
- CRICKET: Samad Fallah takes seven as Oxford rout Gerrards Cross
- ATHLETICS: Ennis delighted to reach 200m final
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals