LONDON Welsh scrum half Tyson Keats will miss the Greene King IPA Championship play-off final after being ruled out for six months with an Achilles injury.
He went off injured in the first half of the Exiles’ semi-final second-leg victory over Leeds Carnegie on Sunday.
He tweeted: “Thank you all for the fantastic messages of support. “Gutted I can’t be apart of the final but I’m still so excited for it. What a team!”
Chris Cook, who replaced Keats against Leeds, is now likely to start the first leg of the final against Bristol at the Kassam Stadium on Wednesday, May 28.
Latest Sport news
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Q Zone A stretch lead in Oxford League to three points