LONDON Welsh scrum half Tyson Keats will miss the Greene King IPA Championship play-off final after being ruled out for six months with an Achilles injury.
He went off injured in the first half of the Exiles’ semi-final second-leg victory over Leeds Carnegie on Sunday.
He tweeted: “Thank you all for the fantastic messages of support. “Gutted I can’t be apart of the final but I’m still so excited for it. What a team!”
Chris Cook, who replaced Keats against Leeds, is now likely to start the first leg of the final against Bristol at the Kassam Stadium on Wednesday, May 28.
Latest Sport news
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- SNOOKER/BILLIARDS: Neil Craycraft stars in Abingdon Conservatives' whitewash
- MOTORSPORT: Williams seeking boost for US Grand prix
- SKATER HOCKEY: Adam Harris thrilled to be making his debut for GB
- ANGLING: Steve Harwood loses out by a ounce in Oxford Winter League
- TABLE TENNIS: Neil Cartwright leads British rail's express start to season