LONDON Welsh scrum half Tyson Keats will miss the Greene King IPA Championship play-off final after being ruled out for six months with an Achilles injury.
He went off injured in the first half of the Exiles’ semi-final second-leg victory over Leeds Carnegie on Sunday.
He tweeted: “Thank you all for the fantastic messages of support. “Gutted I can’t be apart of the final but I’m still so excited for it. What a team!”
Chris Cook, who replaced Keats against Leeds, is now likely to start the first leg of the final against Bristol at the Kassam Stadium on Wednesday, May 28.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's Callum O'Dowda makes senior Ireland debut but misses out on Euro 2016 squad
- Danny Hylton rejects Oxford United to join Luton Town
- Johnny Mullins signs for Luton Town following release by Oxford United
- Oxford United youngsters Jack Stevens and Miles Welch-Hayes sign professional contracts
- Michael Appleton to hold 'honest conversations' with Oxford United's four goalkeepers
- Oxford United to cover fewer miles in League One next season
- FOOTBALL: New manager John Brough had 'long admired' North Leigh
- FOOTBALL: Manager Enrique Guillen salutes Oxford City Lions after FA Futsal Cup triumph
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United captain Andy Gunn takes top honour at awards night
- FOOTBALL: April England fires Oxford City to Southern Region Women's League Cup title