LONDON Welsh scrum half Tyson Keats will miss the Greene King IPA Championship play-off final after being ruled out for six months with an Achilles injury.
He went off injured in the first half of the Exiles’ semi-final second-leg victory over Leeds Carnegie on Sunday.
He tweeted: “Thank you all for the fantastic messages of support. “Gutted I can’t be apart of the final but I’m still so excited for it. What a team!”
Chris Cook, who replaced Keats against Leeds, is now likely to start the first leg of the final against Bristol at the Kassam Stadium on Wednesday, May 28.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Oxford United to discover EFL Trophy opponents in draw tomorrow
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United women pay for individual errors as they lose late on to Everton
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw looking forward to competing at Spa
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL continue losing sequence away to Coventry Bears
- FOOTBALL: Mark Janes scores twice for Banbury United after signing from Didcot Town
- DARTS: Tributes paid to young Oxon player Ryan Bull after death at 20