BRDC FORMULA FORD CHAMPIONSHIP
JORDAN Albert and Diego Borrelli’s best performances of the season were the highlight of a tough weekend for Chipping Norton’s SW Racing at Brands Hatch.
Britain’s Albert finished sixth and Venezuelan Borrelli seventh in the final race of the meeting, but Nicolas Beer had to return home to Denmark for family reasons following round five.
Beer lost an 11th place result in that race after being handed a penalty.
“It’s been a tough weekend, but all three guys did a good job overall and it was fantastic to see Diego and Jordan come through so well to take their best finishes yet,” said SWR team owner Sean Walkinshaw.
“Race three showed if they can qualify well, they both have the pace to run with the leaders.
“We’re taking a lot of positives forward to the next round after those performances.”
Latest Sport news
- Millwall result will determine Oxford United mood for next fortnight, says captain John Lundstram
- Oxford United boss issues warning over dangerous Millwall strikers
- Millwall manager Neil Harris full of respect for 'attack-minded' Oxford United
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- OxVox column: How I ended up building a network of exiles
- FOOTBALL: Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to deliver without suspended captain Scott Davies
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins and Banbury ready to lock horns in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Wantage Town eye good end to tough week ahead of FA Trophy tie at Weymouth
- FOOTBALL: George McEachran features for England in European Under 17 Championship qualifiers
- ROWING: Wallingford's Ellie Piggott and Brianna Stubbs hold on to national title