BRDC FORMULA FORD CHAMPIONSHIP
JORDAN Albert and Diego Borrelli’s best performances of the season were the highlight of a tough weekend for Chipping Norton’s SW Racing at Brands Hatch.
Britain’s Albert finished sixth and Venezuelan Borrelli seventh in the final race of the meeting, but Nicolas Beer had to return home to Denmark for family reasons following round five.
Beer lost an 11th place result in that race after being handed a penalty.
“It’s been a tough weekend, but all three guys did a good job overall and it was fantastic to see Diego and Jordan come through so well to take their best finishes yet,” said SWR team owner Sean Walkinshaw.
“Race three showed if they can qualify well, they both have the pace to run with the leaders.
“We’re taking a lot of positives forward to the next round after those performances.”
Latest Sport news
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell clinches US Open spot after superb qualifying display
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- Oxford United denied cash boost from Kemar Roofe transfer after Leeds United's failure to make play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire clinch first Twickenham win after dramatic finale
- RESULTS: May 27-28
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League reports
- MOTORSPORT: Haas and Williams in the points at Monaco Grand Prix
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player