BRDC FORMULA FORD CHAMPIONSHIP
JORDAN Albert and Diego Borrelli’s best performances of the season were the highlight of a tough weekend for Chipping Norton’s SW Racing at Brands Hatch.
Britain’s Albert finished sixth and Venezuelan Borrelli seventh in the final race of the meeting, but Nicolas Beer had to return home to Denmark for family reasons following round five.
Beer lost an 11th place result in that race after being handed a penalty.
“It’s been a tough weekend, but all three guys did a good job overall and it was fantastic to see Diego and Jordan come through so well to take their best finishes yet,” said SWR team owner Sean Walkinshaw.
“Race three showed if they can qualify well, they both have the pace to run with the leaders.
“We’re taking a lot of positives forward to the next round after those performances.”
Latest Sport news
- Marvin Johnson looking for more of the same when Oxford United visit Rochdale
- Oxford United catch their breath ahead of fixture 'carnage'
- Two years on, Joe Skarz is so thankful he took 'massive step' to join Oxford United
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United off-field wranglings 'not a massive issue as long as I know what's going on'
- UPDATE: Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United is a sell-out
- From the Oxford United boardroom column: Why we issued the stadium statement now
- Rochdale's winning run at home should be an incentive for Oxford United, says Curtis Nelson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses cut at Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship
- FOOTBALL: Josh Ashby loan extension from Oxford United is ‘like a new signing’, says Oxford City boss Mark Jones
- RUGBY UNION: Matt Williams urges Chinnor to build momentum in National League 2 South