BRDC FORMULA FORD CHAMPIONSHIP
JORDAN Albert and Diego Borrelli’s best performances of the season were the highlight of a tough weekend for Chipping Norton’s SW Racing at Brands Hatch.
Britain’s Albert finished sixth and Venezuelan Borrelli seventh in the final race of the meeting, but Nicolas Beer had to return home to Denmark for family reasons following round five.
Beer lost an 11th place result in that race after being handed a penalty.
“It’s been a tough weekend, but all three guys did a good job overall and it was fantastic to see Diego and Jordan come through so well to take their best finishes yet,” said SWR team owner Sean Walkinshaw.
“Race three showed if they can qualify well, they both have the pace to run with the leaders.
“We’re taking a lot of positives forward to the next round after those performances.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United women pay for individual errors as they lose late on to Everton
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw looking forward to competing at Spa
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL continue losing sequence away to Coventry Bears
- FOOTBALL: Mark Janes scores twice for Banbury United after signing from Didcot Town
- DARTS: Tributes paid to young Oxon player Ryan Bull after death at 20
- GOLF: Heythrop Park to host Challenge Tour event
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver so hungry for more after taking on world
- Liam Sercombe gets fitness boost but Oxford United await news on Alex MacDonald scan