BRDC FORMULA FORD CHAMPIONSHIP
JORDAN Albert and Diego Borrelli’s best performances of the season were the highlight of a tough weekend for Chipping Norton’s SW Racing at Brands Hatch.
Britain’s Albert finished sixth and Venezuelan Borrelli seventh in the final race of the meeting, but Nicolas Beer had to return home to Denmark for family reasons following round five.
Beer lost an 11th place result in that race after being handed a penalty.
“It’s been a tough weekend, but all three guys did a good job overall and it was fantastic to see Diego and Jordan come through so well to take their best finishes yet,” said SWR team owner Sean Walkinshaw.
“Race three showed if they can qualify well, they both have the pace to run with the leaders.
“We’re taking a lot of positives forward to the next round after those performances.”
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro signs two-year contract at 'outstanding' Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships
- Details announced for Oxford United's EFL Cup tie at Birmingham City
- CRICKET: Shaun Cross takes four as Shipton cruise into last 16 of Davidstow Village Cup
- ATHLETICS: Clarke books ticket to Rio Olympics and vows best is yet to come
- ATHLETICS: Douglas claims British triple jump title, but yet to seal place to Rio